GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANYONE IN NORTH CAROLINA

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
I have yet to see a GTI mk6 in Raleigh.

Look closer. <raises pinky> Inside the Beltline.

I've only seen one MKVI, a2dr carbon driven by an oblivious fellow out at the Park.

Hell, my girl even spotted a Fahrenheit edition MKV last week. Hell yeah City of Oaks.

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
I'm in Raleigh. 4 dr CSG. Stock for now.

Cackalacka, my friend Jeff spotted a Fahrenheit edition earlier this year in Durham and snapped a mobile phone pic. Could very well be the same one.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
I'm in Raleigh. 4 dr CSG. Stock for now.

Cackalacka, my friend Jeff spotted a Fahrenheit edition earlier this year in Durham and snapped a mobile phone pic. Could very well be the same one.

Cool. Who is that orange stranger?

Funny, my girl took a cellphone photo, as well. Looking at the photo, looks like she snapped at Gorman in the left lane onto Avent Ferry... which sucks- because they're repaving Avent... If you've got a fresh paint job, avoid Avent Ferry past Athens Dr like the plague.

Be on the look-out for a young girl in a white Mk5. I was approaching a tight light on the way to the NC State vet two weeks ago, when I saw this GTI stopped in the left turn lane across the street.

When I passed by her, she was absolutely loosing her shit, throwing fist pumps aplenty and screaming 'Hell yeah!!!' out the window. Seemed like a cool lady; definitely not a reaction I've received from any motorists when I drove my Accord. Be on the lookout; you may be showered with fist pumps from our MkV brothers and sisters.

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
Look closer. <raises pinky> Inside the Beltline.

I've only seen one MKVI, a2dr carbon driven by an oblivious fellow out at the Park.

Hell, my girl even spotted a Fahrenheit edition MKV last week. Hell yeah City of Oaks.

I may have been that oblivious fellow.... what park?

Just saw a white GTI yesterday near Edwards Mill and Blue Ridge. Was that you?

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
I may have been that oblivious fellow.... what park?

Just saw a white GTI yesterday near Edwards Mill and Blue Ridge. Was that you?

As for the Park, I meant RTP; specifically Alexander; I was going straight on Alexander and the oblivious gentleman was taking a left on Cornwalis (I think.) If that was you, nice Detroits.

As for the day-before-yesterday, that likely was me. Traffic on Wade was backed up so I ducked onto Blue Ridge. Of course, that is 1/2 a mile from where I saw Miss Fist Pump, so if it was a MkV, it very well could have been her.

I wasn't driving like an asshole, was I?

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
Nope, wasn't in RTP, I'm usually near State in Centennial campus. I live near Edwards Mill and Blue Ridge though, and the car I saw was parked.

We should invent a "high sign" in order to verify our identities when/if we see each other on the road - any ideas?

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Ha!

That might could have been Miss Fist Pump, then (after being parked on 40/Wade for 45 minutes I was certainly moving on BRR.)

And if you're commuting from Centennial STAY OFF AVENT FERRY!!! (but you knew that.)

Not sure about secret waves; I'm driving stick, but if I do spot ya, I'll do some fist pumps.

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
No idea who the Fahrenheit driver is, but I'm always on the lookout for other GTIs, no matter the Mk. Thanks for the tip on Avent Ferry... I used to live out that way, but am now in the Brier Creek area in Northwest Raleigh.

A simple wave or a 'V' sign is what you might expect from me. There's a nice Candy White MkV down the way from where I work on Paramount Parkway. We've acknowledged each other before.

JDVW

Just moved in to Wake Forest just north of Raleigh. I have a 2010 Reflex Silver 4-door TDI. Options are Xenon, Dynaudio, Cold Weather, Sunroof, Bluetooth. I have put on Stainless exhaust tips and put TDI monster mats in as well. I am also interested in any advice as to which dealer to take my car to for service. I went by one yesterday and they are open Saturdays, but I have a issue with the sales people all hanging out in front waiting to pounce on you.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
No offense dude, but you've already made your purchase, what does it matter if they're all standing out there?

Just use the Service/Parts entrance.

Gotta look at it like that.

JDVW

A few reasons actually. I would like to purchase a New Touareg TDI after I have my Golf paid off. I prefer a more relaxed professional dealer as I used to be in the car business before. thanks for your input, and not really answering my question

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Relax, man. You're in NC now, not where ever it is you came from.

Regardless, that is a good question. Anyone have any preferences for dealer servicing? Bought my unit out-of-state, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Southern States or Auto Park or any other servicing... My 90 day is coming up in another month and a half, although at this pace I'll be needing 10k service before then.

Oh, and to add more intrigue into 'Who is that driving the white GTI?" Not a GTI, but saw a macking V R32, white last week on Blue Ridge Rd, south bound. And here I was thinking that I had the finest white VW in the county...