GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LSD - Best Buy/ group buy

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor
I'd be in on an Mfactory LSD for a dsg equipped CC if there's a group buy.

So they are $640 now? Weren't they just $599 over the holidays? I should've jumped on it sooner.

Please see my post above ($599.95)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Do you mind sharing what your install cost was? And if you pulled the trans yourself or just dropped the car off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost of install for my MFactory LSD in my DSG was 1200. It becomes a 2000 dollar mod all together but it does transform the car completely if you track the car. Folks that live in places where it rains a lot and snows etc. claim it helps a lot with general traction but I can't attest to that personally.

And of course if you really canyon carve it really does transform the car but it is out on the track where you get your moneys worth.

diputs

Mfacitory is good - i had some hicups with the LSD, but the guys at Mfactory did help me out, so credit to their after sales service.

If you have the $ it's really the best mod you can do to lift performance of your GTI - that driver training; and super sticky tires

Chris659

Ready to race!
Mfacitory is good - i had some hicups with the LSD, but the guys at Mfactory did help me out, so credit to their after sales service.

If you have the $ it's really the best mod you can do to lift performance of your GTI - that driver training; and super sticky tires

I just bought one of their lsd's so what kind of hiccups did you run in to? It'll be another month or so before I'll be getting mine installed. DSG.

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor
From his location in HK, I believe it was the one where his unit has slightly misaligned bolt holes/flange. This was quite a while back, and only affected a couple of units.

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
I just ordered an MFactory! I did a lot of research and apparently it's the best bang for the buck. 599usd

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
I will know how it works after a few passes at the strip in May!

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine installed about a month ago. Haven't really noticed a difference. Horrible traction is still my nemesis. Went to the drag strip and couldn't get close to the times I was running pre install. Trying again Sunday. Then I will know for sure.

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
Got mine installed about a month ago. Haven't really noticed a difference. Horrible traction is still my nemesis. Went to the drag strip and couldn't get close to the times I was running pre install. Trying again Sunday. Then I will know for sure.

You will notice the difference around a track. Not really at a drag strip besides a 2 wheel burn out.

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
You will notice the difference around a track. Not really at a drag strip besides a 2 wheel burn out.

I was assured it would be an advantage over the stock diff in a straight line too. That doesn't seem to be the case. I will try a different tire next. A

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

How does an LSD not improve straight line traction?? I understand the whole turning sharply and the inside wheel will begin to spin but with an LSD it'll stop the spin. But wouldn't an LSD improve straight line traction in the early gears in comparison to the stock, electronic, diff?

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
I was assured it would be an advantage over the stock diff in a straight line too. That doesn't seem to be the case. I will try a different tire next. A

I thought so too. Iv only been to the quarter mile 3x. I feel having LSD is a must for fwd. But putting down the power with sticky tires hepls a lot more with traction. Also having the experience of launching the car. It took me 3x going to the track to learn how to get a 60ft under 2 seconds. Its trial and error. And the most IMPORTANT THING IS THE DRIVER.

How does an LSD not improve straight line traction?? I understand the whole turning sharply and the inside wheel will begin to spin but with an LSD it'll stop the spin. But wouldn't an LSD improve straight line traction in the early gears in comparison to the stock, electronic, diff?

I meant it as in a straight line you wont get as much as an advantage. You wont get half a second off for having LSD. Like you would around the track. It helps with traction if you have sticky tires but if not you would just spin both tires. Its definitely a must have with FWD. But dont think that you will be a lot faster in a straight line vs someone who doesn't have lsd at a quarter mile. For example when I went to the quarter mile with my hoosier DR2 i didnt spin any gears they instantly hooked. So i dont think having lsd helped my time. I thought i would brake into 12s with my mk6 gti k04 hoosier DR2s. Fastest i did was 13.1. I plan on going back to the drag strip when it gets colder. im confident now that iv had the experience at the quarter mile that i will break into 12s. I would definitely recommend getting the MFACTORY LSD to anyone. I feel the car changed a lot but dont expect to have better traction just because you have an LSD. Theres more to it that adds up. I could be wrong but that was my experience.