GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Intercooler will help more than it will hurt you. Few pulls and you heat soak and your power is useless

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah agreed especially with K04. Then W/M post intercooler for the ultimate power gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeez

Ready to race!
Anyone else running a dual IC setup?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

FriggenT1

Banned
Yes, but the update allows for more boost, which would hopefully negate the boost loss of the new intercooler, while allowing me to run cooler IATs at the same time.

Right now, the tune tops out at 23 PSI. Does anyone know for a fact where the K04's efficiency starts to drop?

This goes back to what we already talked about.... The waste gate won't all for much over 22 psi with a highly efficient ic

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, but the update allows for more boost, which would hopefully negate the boost loss of the new intercooler, while allowing me to run cooler IATs at the same time.

Right now, the tune tops out at 23 PSI. Does anyone know for a fact where the K04's efficiency starts to drop?

The K04 can spike to above 23-24psi for a short period of time for a torque spike but it won't hold that higher pressure for long.

A sweet spot for the K04 is in the 23-24psi range. You can go for that torque spike but I personally prefer a flatter torque curve.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Also WMI helps in a few ways:

1. Adds fueling
2. Cools mixture chemically resulting in lower EGTs.
3. Cleans valves and manifold (to a degree)
4. Increases octane via the added fueling

I recommend WMI in DIT cars for these reasons and the downside is another system to maintain. I run a 50/50 mixture using the windshield washer bottle (yes it also washes the windshield) which simplifies things a bit.

UberFast

Ready to race!
Yea I'm not sure, I need to do some more research on what to do. I'm not sure if I want a separate tank or go with the factory washer bottle like Alex was saying. Atleast with the factory washer bottle you'll get an alert on the dash when it's low lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jeez

Ready to race!
Yea I'm not sure, I need to do some more research on what to do. I'm not sure if I want a separate tank or go with the factory washer bottle like Alex was saying. Atleast with the factory washer bottle you'll get an alert on the dash when it's low lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Yeah not sure I want to have extra maintenance. I'm more of a set it and forget it kinda guy.

Laimface

Ready to race!
Also WMI helps in a few ways:

1. Adds fueling
2. Cools mixture chemically resulting in lower EGTs.
3. Cleans valves and manifold (to a degree)
4. Increases octane via the added fueling

I recommend WMI in DIT cars for these reasons and the downside is another system to maintain. I run a 50/50 mixture using the windshield washer bottle (yes it also washes the windshield) which simplifies things a bit.

Not sure if its on US cars but it tells you when its about to empty, so there's\no excuse to get into boost without any meth and blow up ;)