GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Haus of Dub (HOD) 6GT clutch Review

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
My 6GT lasted less than a year before the friction disk broke. Had to pay for labor a second time to get new kit put in. Hope you guys don't have this problem.

damn, Ive had mine since Jan. I hope this doesnt happen to anyone else.:(

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Allegedly they switched suppliers so this shouldn't be an issue anymore, but having my car down for 2 weeks waiting for replacement parts from HOD, and having to cover labor and a rental really blows for something that was not my fault.

you shredded that thing apart. do you track your car? how do you drive it?

Sublime

you shredded that thing apart. do you track your car? how do you drive it?

It's just a commuter. I don't launch it or beat on it. I enjoy a spirited drive but that's it. I'm 36 and have been driving stick for over 20 years.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Yeah definitely sounds like parts failure to me. I'm curious how much these components vary since there aren't really too many suppliers around.

I pieced together my RSR, and while it's very similar parts-wise to the HOD kit, it's definitely smoother and lighter. franco516 can attest to that haha

spiceditup

Passed Driver's Ed
franco, any updates of how your clutch is holding up? I noticed the above picture of the clutch disc sublime provided, it has a different design from your original post (single rivets compared to your double). I just placed an order for the 6GT kit for my GLI and Andy from HoD told me that I'll be getting a revised clutch disc from another supplier that is local in Ohio.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I have 800 miles on the clutch now, feels completely stock at this point other than grabbing and not slipping.

Sometimes I hear something at idle with my windows down(chatter I guess) but it's so slight, not something that is very loud at all.

I need to figure out the play in the actual shifter, it's got too much and I think the dog bone insert will help some of that. Other than that it's amazing.

I wanted to ask about the delay after shifting for power. When quickly shifting into the next gear there is a delay, I assume part clutch delay and part boost delay...not sure how to get rid of that or at least lessen it. I've read a a little about the clutch delay valve, don't want to add the no lift shift from APR but if I can get the delay to lessen I'd be happier.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
franco, any updates of how your clutch is holding up? I noticed the above picture of the clutch disc sublime provided, it has a different design from your original post (single rivets compared to your double). I just placed an order for the 6GT kit for my GLI and Andy from HoD told me that I'll be getting a revised clutch disc from another supplier that is local in Ohio.

mine is holding just fine, i really have not felt any differences since i got it. holds power and feels exactly the same. yes, mine does look different than Sublimes.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Damn mine looks like the one that failed, bought it in November.

that kinds sucks

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Have 5k on mine now. Still grabs nicely as it should. Drove another mk6 weeks ago with a southbend and it was a ko4 car, I didn't like the clutch engagement as much, no dual mass...but the HOD is holding up nicely.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
My 6GT lasted less than a year before the friction disk broke. Had to pay for labor a second time to get new kit put in. Hope you guys don't have this problem.

Apparently same thing just happened to mine. HOD is sending a new one that uses the new manufacturing.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
oh fuck.

what were the symptoms?

Shifting from 1st to 2nd I noticed it was harder to get into gear, I could finesse it and it would go in but downshifting was really difficult. I was able to still drive it, but didn't do any quick shifting or try to go fast at all.