GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynaudio + bluetooth causing sound issues

Stratiegery

Recently I traded in my 2011 TDi for a 2010 GTi; both have Dynaudio sound systems. I immediately noticed several differences in the stereo quality, and overall UI quality. Taking the MDI+iPod from one car into the other, the sound quality in the GTi is noticeably poorer, like if all the songs were automatically downrated to a lower bitrate.
Question #1: is there a significant difference in the DAC or Dynaudio hardware between these years? I assumed that because their both Mk6, they'd be identical.
Question #2: is there a dealership firmware update available for these kind of Dynaudio/NAV systems?

The other issue is when my phone is connected via bluetooth. There are clear differences between the 2011 and 2010 in terms of buttons to press and what actions they take while driving. For example, my 2011 could read my phones contacts yet for my 2010 apparently this is a factory option not installed (says so in manual). Who'da'thunk. My problem is with that "enable BT audio" feature. Answering a call does not require this to be enabled, but the prompt on the screen pops up every time I get a text or email. F'n annoying! When I enable that feature, the MDI+iPod information disappears from screen and sometimes stops playing like it was disconnected. Most of the time it keeps playing, but with limited info (see photo).
Question #3: is there a way to disable the prompts asking for BT-enable? Is this a common problem for this model year?

Attachments

• IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 117