GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Poor Radio Reception

Cybermenace

Hi folks I have a 2009 Golf Mk6 I have very poor FM radio signal in my car, has anyone else who has had this or do they if anyone has a solution for this?
When stationary the signal is fine but when driving around it's more or less useless I just can't get a decent signal,
Radio is a RNS-315 DAB antenna is in the rear window not an external antenna,
It has worked perfectly until now but I just seem to get a signal for a small amount of time when i driving along RDS is on but doesn’t make a difference ,
The problem is across all FM channels. It doesn't seem to be related to surrounding buildings, I really need this fixed as I am at a loose end with this and need to find a solution.
I have noticed that in the hidden menu under FM ANT1 & ANT2 is off & AM ANT is off also,
But under DAB ANT is showing as on

Thanks
Billy

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Do you have tint on the windows? I removed mine off the back and got a Kenwood head unit which seemed to help. There are antenna components behind the trim but I never found anything wrong with them.

lukesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have any new electric equipment connected? My friend bought a fancy reverse camera mirror which gave him bad radio reception.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cybermenace

Do you have tint on the windows? I removed mine off the back and got a Kenwood head unit which seemed to help. There are antenna components behind the trim but I never found anything wrong with them.

Yes but it's factory tint,
I have changed the amplifier and it's exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk