GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I run a GFB DV+ with a Uni DV Relocate?

///Audience

Ready to race!
I already have a GFB DV+ installed in my car and am wondering if this will interfere with any of the parts involved in the Unitronic DV relocate kit?

Thanks/

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Our DV Relocation Kit is designed for the stock diverter valve and included machined DV adapter to be connected to the re-route leg of the throttle body hose only. I wouldn't recommend adding anything additional.

///Audience

Ready to race!
Our DV Relocation Kit is designed for the stock diverter valve and included machined DV adapter to be connected to the re-route leg of the throttle body hose only. I wouldn't recommend adding anything additional.

Thanks for the reply! Can you please clue me in as to what issues could arise from running the DV+ along with your relocate kit?

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Some people are against it for no apparent reason. Even if you don't use the extra spring, it operates exactly like the OEM valve, but with a metal piston that doesn't leak and won't fail. I use the extra spring. Been on my car for over a year and a half with no issues. Same with a million other people.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Its not "for no apparent reason" its because it does not operate like a true dv valve with the extra spring nor as intended.

You want your dv to react as fast as possible with the way the dv+ with the spring its not the case. It relies on boost to physically open thus its slow (its like no hooking up vacuum lines to a pneumatic dv in a sense or putting to heavy springs in it). Then because of that 100% of excess does not pass through it. Both situations is why there is a DV in the first place....

My DV is adjust just enough so that it holds boost and therefore its instant blowoff, it will blow off before the TB is fully closed.

Everyone is free to do what you want Im just putting it out there, I wouldn't use it. If you must use it take the extra spring out so its like a normal dv, but at that point its pointless anyway.

To me a vacuum valve is a better solution which you could use on a relocate situation. At least its fast and will act like a dv should. You will loose the overboost safeguard the oem has but it operates better.

I believe there is a better solution out there if you don't want it to "leak" (maybe a loss of a few hp) but I wont spend the money to figure it out since I don't use electronic anymore anyway.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the reply! Can you please clue me in as to what issues could arise from running the DV+ along with your relocate kit?

Our multi-ply reinforced silicone throttle body hose is designed to support the supplied billet machined DV adapter and OEM DV only. Any additional weight on the re-reroute leg of the throttle body hose may cause adverse effects.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Our multi-ply reinforced silicone throttle body hose is designed to support the supplied billet machined DV adapter and OEM DV only. Any additional weight on the re-reroute leg of the throttle body hose may cause adverse effects.

Has that been proven to be an issue? or is it that it 'could' be an issue?

The DV+ weighs next to nothing.