GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How bad would a stage 2 get beaten by the new 5.0 2015 mustang?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
If you are talking about the MK7 Stage2... its the other way round... loll
Also I heard that the last gen mustang GT is faster than the newest one... but still you will get beaten pretty bad....

FishesDelicious

If you are talking about the MK7 Stage2... its the other way round... loll
Also I heard that the last gen mustang GT is faster than the newest one... but still you will get beaten pretty bad....

I thought as much lol. I was driving my family to a mothers day bbq this past weekend in my MKVI and one drove past me on the highway.

zrickety

The Fixer
It will be close depending on supporting mods and driver.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Stage 2? No chance guys. K04? Below 120mph we are pretty even, above that, the mustang pulls. Trust me, I've done lots of testing in the real world. I'm a professional. ;)

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2? No chance guys. K04? Below 120mph we are pretty even, above that, the mustang pulls. Trust me, I've done lots of testing in the real world. I'm a professional. ;)

even K04? I thought I saw a vid somewhere that K04 is like half a car ahead?

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie

This x1000

The new mustangs and SSs are fast. Dont expect to beat them with a stock turbo. If you do... they werent racing

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
even K04? I thought I saw a vid somewhere that K04 is like half a car ahead?

Half car is a marginal victory. Weight reduction or an extra passenger in the stang could account for that. And at what speed? If we are talking K04 it starts running out breath eventually. Anything past 130 a stock stang should take it

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I'm loving those new 5.0s! The problem is they're E-V-E-R-Y W-H-E-R-E!

So....How would a Stage 2 Mk7 do against a 2016 5.0? I'm guessing similar to a K04 MK6, which is at over 120MPH the 5.0 would start walking away as well? OR, would that new n' improved turbo supply the GTI enough WHP to keep up? :)

Last edited:

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
That begs the question, how would a Stage 2 Mk7 do against a 2016 5.0? I'm guessing similar to a K04 MK6, as over 120MPH the 5.0 would start walking away?

Funny enough, they seem to be neck and neck most of the way. Actually it looks like the MK7 has the edge below triple digits and wins outright in the second video.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
^^ - Wow, that's impressive! and the MK7 does Look like it WAS pulling on the second run.

(BTW - didn't know Windows 10 RD could stream videos so well! I remote into my server a server to post on forums lol.)