GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Price for APR stage 3 flash(only tune)

Martin_lunchbox

Ready to race!
Can't find anywhere that I thought I've seen before. I've purchased an APR stage 3+ for my mk6, I have everything APR stage 2 as of now. Anyone know what would cost me for just stage 3 flash after I install the kit? Also, if any tuners make custom tunes and prices?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I believe it's around the price of the K04 upgrade if you already have Stg2. $499.99. It's part of the loyalty program (if that's really loyal enough lol)

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
The tune was like 1400 if you didn't buy the kit new.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I believe it's around the price of the K04 upgrade if you already have Stg2. $499.99. It's part of the loyalty program (if that's really loyal enough lol)
its way more than that. like 1k i dont think they offer loyalty to the stage 3 tune itself because they dont really prefer to sell it outside the kit.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Can't find anywhere that I thought I've seen before. I've purchased an APR stage 3+ for my mk6, I have everything APR stage 2 as of now. Anyone know what would cost me for just stage 3 flash after I install the kit? Also, if any tuners make custom tunes and prices?
did you purchases the stage 3 kit from a shop or store? if so it should come with the software included.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
APR Stage 3 tune sucks. Had it for six months. Their support sucks. Get a UM custom tune. That way you can go back to the UM shop and Jeff can tweak the tune for you if you need to. Jeff can get busy but he is very helpful when working through his network of shops. His tunes are smooth and linear.

FriggenT1

Banned
APR Stage 3 tune sucks. Had it for six months. Their support sucks. Get a UM custom tune. That way you can go back to the UM shop and Jeff can tweak the tune for you if you need to. Jeff can get busy but he is very helpful when working through his network of shops. His tunes are smooth and linear.

Got UM k04 tune...definitely can vouch for this!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
The tune is $1500 from a dealer. With that being said, add a boost controller and on the 100 octane program it's been proven to make over 500whp on multiple occasions. I wouldn't say it sucks at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Why not just go Cobb and get a custom tune for the same or less price?
it would be less. AP is $650 and then a protune is around $200

so $850 vs $1500.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Its slightly more than 850. The non stock turbo increases the cost some as well. Closer to $1k. But maybe its worth it. Stg3 kit is very specific so I would expect apr tune for it to be pretty good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Its slightly more than 850. The non stock turbo increases the cost some as well. Closer to $1k. But maybe its worth it. Stg3 kit is very specific so I would expect apr tune for it to be pretty good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
ahh you are right i forgot about that "non-stock" turbo toggle for the protunes lol

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
The tune is $1500 from a dealer. With that being said, add a boost controller and on the 100 octane program it's been proven to make over 500whp on multiple occasions. I wouldn't say it sucks at all...

I maybe a bit biased having both APR and UM tunes when I was Stage3+ for two years but the UM tune was so much more fun to drive. Differences:

Smoothness
Linear
More HP
More TQ
It was a wave of power and not a wall of power that hit hard and fell off.

If you want HP and customized Maps that you can switch to on the fly, APR is the way to go. If you want a better all around tune and support but are stuck on one octane, go UM.

I don't think you can hit 500WHP with APR stage 3+ on 100 octane. Maybe Crank HP. The TSI HPFP in NA is a bosch and it limits out at 450 Crank HP on 91 octane. If you use W/M and 100, you can hit over 500 CHP on the Gen 1 TSI I bet. Guys hitting 500 WHP on the Gen 1 TSIs are using W/M or a fifth injector.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I maybe a bit biased having both APR and UM tunes when I was Stage3+ for two years but the UM tune was so much more fun to drive. Differences:

Smoothness

Linear

More HP

More TQ

It was a wave of power and not a wall of power that hit hard and fell off.

If you want HP and customized Maps that you can switch to on the fly, APR is the way to go. If you want a better all around tune and support but are stuck on one octane, go UM.

Proof of more HP/TQ?
I made my own Eurodyne tune but the APR one is very very good.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Proof of more HP/TQ?
I made my own Eurodyne tune but the APR one is very very good.

APR tune I put down 370 HP and 380 TQ on a Dyno in Denver. UM tuned the car the same day and it put down 420 HP and 410 TQ on the same dyno and a few hours later. It drove so much better. I have the dyno charts some where.
On a mustang dyno the car put down 330WHP with APR and it put down 370 with the UM tune. I probably put posts on it somewhere when I cared about bragging about my numbers for my car.

Maybe APR has improved their tune in the last few years and that is cool. I know their MK7 Stage 3 kit had tune issues that took them a while to figure out. UM would tune those MK7 cars and the power was a bit higher.

If you really care, go read the older posts in the MK6 R section about APR Stage 2 and versus UM Stage 2 and the cars at the track. One guy posted that the UM tuned R's would pull away from him in his APR stage 2 tuned car.

Last edited: