GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I don't get the whole not evacuating thing. If you can walk and don't need to be on medical equipment gtfo
This!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow yeah

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I don't get the whole not evacuating thing. If you can walk and don't need to be on medical equipment gtfo

We're not in an evacuation zone. I'm a bit north of Miami in Hialeah.

Plus, the storm is projected go way out west right now. This is nothing new in FL, same thing happened last time with Matthew. It was set to make landfall as cat 4 through miami....never came. Fish storm.

This one is way bigger and far more powerful, but based on the path it is going on now, we will not be getting cat4-5 force winds. At most we will see around 100mph winds, most likely less. If we were in an evac zone, then yeah, I'd be gone.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
The traffic has been insane to get out anyways.... my coworker took 10 hours to get from miami to ocala, that's usually a 4-5 hour drive. Plus the gas is getting really scarce up north so chances are you'd get stuck halfway out or you'd have to wait even longer to get out since you'd have to stop for gas at some point...whether it be up north or down south.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
The traffic has been insane to get out anyways.... my coworker took 10 hours to get from miami to ocala, that's usually a 4-5 hour drive. Plus the gas is getting really scarce up north so chances are you'd get stuck halfway out or you'd have to wait even longer to get out since you'd have to stop for gas at some point...whether it be up north or down south.

When did he leave?

Jaber

Modero
Just put up a FL compliant "Hurricane Free Zone" sticker on your house.

#prayersforfrankandvette

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Thursday at around 2am.

Yeah, that's leaving it a bit late for a hurricane that's been predicted to hit Florida for about a week and was a cat 5 on Tuesday. Call me crazy. Maybe that's just me. It's not like you can do much to protect your property other than board up your windows. You don't get a trophy for sticking around.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
We're not in an evacuation zone. I'm a bit north of Miami in Hialeah.

Plus, the storm is projected go way out west right now. This is nothing new in FL, same thing happened last time with Matthew. It was set to make landfall as cat 4 through miami....never came. Fish storm.

This one is way bigger and far more powerful, but based on the path it is going on now, we will not be getting cat4-5 force winds. At most we will see around 100mph winds, most likely less. If we were in an evac zone, then yeah, I'd be gone.

Looks like it is pushing west. Good luck and keep us posted.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Looks like it is pushing west. Good luck and keep us posted.

This is why people don't jump to evacuate immediately.

The keys will be flattened....that's for sure. It's a damn shame because that has been a mandatory evac zone since Wednesday I believe and people still decided to stay. That is by far the biggest mistake they can make....they have no idea what's coming, and if they think they can survive they are sadly mistaken.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
My family left today. It looks like its gonna nail fort myers so we got out of there. Now we're in Daytona. We were also in a mandatory evacuation zone. We live on the water, so we'll be lucky if storm surge doesn't fuck us. It's not looking good, but at least we aren't there any more.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
My family left today. It looks like its gonna nail fort myers so we got out of there. Now we're in Daytona. We were also in a mandatory evacuation zone. We live on the water, so we'll be lucky if storm surge doesn't fuck us. It's not looking good, but at least we aren't there any more.
Glad your safe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.