GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
In other fun news....

Short-short: adopting my stepson. Bio-dad is a deadbeat. Abusive, etc. Have an 11-year DVRO against the guy. $25k in past-due child support. Holds jobs 2-3 months, just long enough for wage garnishment to kick in - then bolts. Uber religious holy roller to boot. His cult is providing him food and rent.

Through some Google-fu.... wife and I stumbled upon some random website showing arrest records.... and one came up for him. Fascinating but the site itself was full of ads, etc.... so questionable. Then, a few weeks ago, it showed up on another site - with enough info, the wife filed a FOIA request.

We got it last night. Made our day.

Guy pushed his *pregnant* wife down a flight of stairs.

You better believe the attorneys are all getting a copy of this shit.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Short-short: adopting my stepson. up on another site - with enough info, the wife filed a FOIA request.
We got it last night. Made our day.

Congratulations sir

Was there any type of custody or visitation days already in place?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Offer on the house fell through... $40k in issues that need to be dealt with right meow.. Going to rent for the next year and see what's up with the market then. Fiance did say I can do however many track days now that we aren't buying a house. As well as she wants a red helmet to wear in the car while we are on the track!!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Offer on the house fell through... $40k in issues that need to be dealt with right meow.. Going to rent for the next year and see what's up with the market then. Fiance did say I can do however many track days now that we aren't buying a house. As well as she wants a red helmet to wear in the car while we are on the track!!

True story, if youre marrying a woman its supposed to be Fiancee with 2 e's.

Either is acceptable though when typing it out :iono: lol

Im assuming red helmet for the red wings?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
True story, if youre marrying a woman its supposed to be Fiancee with 2 e's.

Either is acceptable though when typing it out :iono: lol

Im assuming red helmet for the red wings?

Yeah, well whatever lol. She wants red "because it matches the car". In other words, I have an opportunity to get a new helmet for sa2015 and she can rock a sa2010 helmet with red plastidip lol.

Jaber

Modero
Well, then we might rent for a year or two. Wait for the market to crash again basically and capitalize lol.

Might be waiting a long time for that to happen. Should take advantage and continue saving as much as you can now.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Might be waiting a long time for that to happen. Should take advantage and continue saving as much as you can now.

The house needed lots of money in work to get it up to sub par... not worth it in my head i guess. We'll see what next year brings. Now can focus on planning the wedding lol.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Congratulations sir

Was there any type of custody or visitation days already in place?

Yeah - court supervised phone calls, once a week. He hasn't attempted a call in months. Hasn't physically SEEN him since Halloween of 2008.

I've rented my whole life. I honestly think it's much better than owning. Hardly anyone stays in their house long enough to make owning worth it.

Eh.... the tax deduction is worth it. The ability to mod it is nice.

Downside is you're kinda "locked in" to the location.

I *do* wish we'd rented for a year before buying when we relocated back here from Seattle. Probably would have wound up buying somewhere else. That said, it's not bad where we're at.

Now can focus on planning the wedding lol.

Aaaaaaand there goes the trackday budget your financee promised you. That was fast. 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.