GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A few pics of my car

2010 UG

Ready to race!
Its too damn hot to finish detailing my car right now so I quit after claying to share a few pics. Nothing special really just a plain stock GTI, but at least its clean.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Nice, and the paint looks flawless, did the clay make a major difference? Do you keep your car outside, ie no garage. Nice tint.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Looking good sir!

2010 UG

Ready to race!
Thanks for the compliments

Nice, and the paint looks flawless, did the clay make a major difference? Do you keep your car outside, ie no garage. Nice tint.

I did use a new claybar (uber blue) that worked much better than what I've used in the past, so yes the clay did make a major difference in that respect. The car stays in the garage at home and work, so that helps keep the paint fresh, but I drive about 80 miles every day on the freeway so I get my share of nicks and such.

scbastv

Ready to race!
you need to wax it at least once since youve clayed it...hot or not.

claying the car removes any wax...ie. protective coating...for your paint and unless youre keeping it in a garage and not driving it until you decide to finish detailing it...wax that sucker :thumbsup:

2010 UG

Ready to race!
you need to wax it at least once since youve clayed it...hot or not.

claying the car removes any wax...ie. protective coating...for your paint and unless youre keeping it in a garage and not driving it until you decide to finish detailing it...wax that sucker :thumbsup:

It'll get wax, sealant, lsp, the whole nine yards. I'm just waiting for it to be less than 100 degrees before I do anymore today.

plat

Ready to race!
Very nice! I wish the UG finish is available in Canada. Good job! Oh, you're note yet done! Get back to work!:laugh:

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
I love the gray but how did you remove the rear wiper? Looks much neater in appearance.

2010 UG

Ready to race!
I love the gray but how did you remove the rear wiper? Looks much neater in appearance.

Wiper delete is pretty simple. I used this DIY and bought one of these rather than the Home Depot hack job. The plug I used is definitely a high quality piece. It fits perfect, the knurled nut makes it super easy to remove if you want, and the gloss black matches my tint pretty well. I would recommend it for sure. Oh, and the sprayer pump is not integrated into the motor like on a MK5 so if you want to disable it you'll have to figure something else out (I just put a dab of silicone on the jet).

Last edited: