GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Base GTI w/ DSG

wlfpck

Ready to race!
I negotiated my GTI down to 25,100. base. 4 door. DSG. However, that was after I told them I would trade-in my old car.

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
Seems like a good deal you got.

The Boiler Room-esque VW dealership in this area, offered me same lease length term and mileage, but $500/month with 1k down. Apparently, I have gullible, naive, and idiot written all over my face. And this idiot salesdick thought this was a great deal when he presented it to me. His manager is an even bigger douche for even attempting to present this crap to me.

And I'm not looking to lease. IF I was looking to lease, I would never put money down, or agree to pay $500/month on a $27xxx vehicle. Often times, the other German luxury brands have similar or better deals.

When I first went to this particular place, I only popped in to drive the car, since I had never driven a GTI, let alone a VW. To play nice, I allowed them to do their song-and-dance. Big mistake. Wasted 2 hours of my life, and I was so hungry too...

thats absurd, i also have a lease on an '11 328i M-Sport and thats $500/month with ZERO DOWN. sticker was 44k

your dealer is out of their mind

then again Florida (where i got mine) is the best place to buy cars due to volume

NYUofA

thats absurd, i also have a lease on an '11 328i M-Sport and thats $500/month with ZERO DOWN. sticker was 44k

your dealer is out of their mind

then again Florida (where i got mine) is the best place to buy cars due to volume

I know right?

Yea, I'm realizing my limitations of this region. Just got another quote back from a dealer 2 hours away.

'13 Base model, DSG, mats/first aid kit, $25,372 + TTL (based on $26,760 MSRP). Serious?

May have to go with the $24,950 + TTL offer I received not too long ago. Hope I get a decent amount on my trade-in to make this whole transaction seem fair to me.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I paid 25k otd for my 2012 base, 2 door + 6mt.. I think less than 26k otd is a decent deal for dsg and 4door.

jni3

Ready to race!
Minimum to shoot for is no less than 4K off msrp.

NYUofA

Minimum to shoot for is no less than 4K off msrp.

$4k?! Wow. How is this even possible?

For example. For a 4 Door Base DSG with mats (apparently here in snow regions, they add mats to the car), I offered $24,490 + TTL. Response: This is "$500 below the actual price that we pay Volkswagen for the car." He countered with $24,950 + TTL.

So for the members here who got $4k off MSRP. How is this even possible on a current MY, not the previous year? Most of my conversations have been via email or phone. Going in this Saturday to talk numbers.

jni3

Ready to race!
$4k?! Wow. How is this even possible?

For example. For a 4 Door Base DSG with mats (apparently here in snow regions, they add mats to the car), I offered $24,490 + TTL. Response: This is "$500 below the actual price that we pay Volkswagen for the car." He countered with $24,950 + TTL.

So for the members here who got $4k off MSRP. How is this even possible on a current MY, not the previous year? Most of my conversations have been via email or phone. Going in this Saturday to talk numbers.

i got $4,8XX off my golf last year. it's possible. if you seen on a couple of my posts, i received emails from karen radley vw in woodbridge, va. they still have some 2012's they are offering $4K off of. last week they offered $4K off every vehicle on the lot. large volume dealerships will do this to move cars off the lot. check out their inventory and maybe shoot them an email. maybe they will give you $4K or more off a 2013 and ship it to you for cheap.

Frosty631

Ready to race!
best bet probably is getting on I70 and heading towards PA im sure you can find a better deal there. when i was looking at my car the gm actually showed me the screen with all the colors and pricing for a base 2 door mt. the pricing i was seeing was invoice price.. one cw was like couple hundred less then the next because it was a little further away but to save me a couple buck he picked that one.. anyways otd I paid 23,5xx or 23,9xx i always get confused but i know it was 23 something and the sticker on my car for a fact i know was 25,956 came with the monster mats, mudflaps, and professional grade med kit to help save lives :thumbsup:... OTD for what you are looking for i wouldnt settle for anything more then like 25,2xx and that is more possible, just a matter of finding the closest dealer that will do it

and i just got my car in december so its the current "year" and all that brand new 15 miles on it when i picked it up from them going to get gas in it for me

Frosty631

Ready to race!
just a thought but idk if your conisdering the gti because its a gti or because the motor or whatver reason but you can get a gli base DSG according to vw.com the msrp is like 900 dollars less then a base 4 door gti

jni3

Ready to race!
truth be told you are going to have to do some serious shopping around. and i recommend looking at everything within a few hours driving distance that you'd be willing to go to. work dealerships against each other and have print outs of other offers that you can use to negotiate prices. but my advice again is don't take anything lower than $4K off msrp.

NYUofA

just a thought but idk if your conisdering the gti because its a gti or because the motor or whatver reason but you can get a gli base DSG according to vw.com the msrp is like 900 dollars less then a base 4 door gti

I thought about the GLI, but prefer to get the GTI. Its not really the money, to be honest. And I want to make sure I am getting the absolute best deal possible, and it seems that I am not if I were to take any of the offers I was presented with.

truth be told you are going to have to do some serious shopping around. and i recommend looking at everything within a few hours driving distance that you'd be willing to go to. work dealerships against each other and have print outs of other offers that you can use to negotiate prices. but my advice again is don't take anything lower than $4K off msrp.

Yea, I'm slowly realizing that. I asked one of the dealers if they would throw in the monster mats as part of the purchase deal. Usually, I get the 'let me ask my manager first.' His response: "if you pay full price for the car, then yes." Click, done talking. He can go f himself with that comment.

Expanding my range into PA.

Appreciate the advice guys. :thumbsup:

jni3

Ready to race!
does it have to be a 2013? you should be able to get a deal on a 2012 right now. team vw in indiana has a gray gti 4 door for $24,895. msrp on that pig is $29,015. just a thought.

NYUofA

does it have to be a 2013? you should be able to get a deal on a 2012 right now. team vw in indiana has a gray gti 4 door for $24,895. msrp on that pig is $29,015. just a thought.

Actually, I'd consider a 2012. But I haven't been able to find a 2012 in this area, 150 mile radius, aside from red, which I'd prefer not to get.

And thanks so much this find, will look into this.

Is there a direct link to that price though? I only see the sticker price.

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Actually, I'd consider a 2012. But I haven't been able to find a 2012 in this area, 150 mile radius, aside from red, which I'd prefer not to get.

And thanks so much this find, will look into this.

Is there a direct link to that price though? I only see the sticker price.

yea i mean idk how long you can hold off but i think they said first quarter of 2014 is when the mk7 comes out in NA so im sure come september october and so on they are going to be pushing to get the '12 and '13's off the lot to clear for new inventory and the fact that its loosing more money by sitting there and getting older

NYUofA

yea i mean idk how long you can hold off but i think they said first quarter of 2014 is when the mk7 comes out in NA so im sure come september october and so on they are going to be pushing to get the '12 and '13's off the lot to clear for new inventory and the fact that its loosing more money by sitting there and getting older

I considered waiting, but we have a older, higher mileage gas guzzling 4.4i X5 that my wife wants to get rid of ASAP. So based on this, this is the car I'm looking at thats 'inexpensive' for our current financial situation, and the 'sporty' vehicle that I'd prefer to be in.

I'm tired of $80+ fill-ups and <17 mpg on this truck. But it sure is fun to drive haha