GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OIL Change Pricing @ Dealership

the_abuse

Ready to race!
What do you guys pay for oil changes i want to see if it chages by dealer ship. I had my frist oil change in Oct 2010 and it cost me $80 i didnt think it was that steep for a new car as i know dealer oil changes can be that expensive. I was still shocked at 80 but didnt bother me. Today May 9 2011 i went to get my 25000km oil change and it cost me $126. i was like WTF the last oil change i got was $80 how did it go up so much. the guy looked into it and told me our prices for oil change went up.

What do you guys think and pay

mortis

Ready to race!
I got free service for 3 yrs/36k. $126 sounds a bit on the high side.

pure_lunatic

Ready to race!
$126 sounds like they bent you over and put the spurs to ya.

With that same $126 you could buy everything you need to do an oil change yourself for the first time, and then use the same tools thereafter. Oil, filter, plug, jack, stand, drain pain, filter wrench, hand tools, gloves, etc.

the_abuse

Ready to race!
$126 sounds like they bent you over and put the spurs to ya.

With that same $126 you could buy everything you need to do an oil change yourself for the first time, and then use the same tools thereafter. Oil, filter, plug, jack, stand, drain pain, filter wrench, hand tools, etc...

I know i use to do my oil changes all the time when i had my honda . i would still do them i just thought you had to go to the dealership to get them done so my warrenty isnt voided

pure_lunatic

Ready to race!
You can do them yourself, just make sure you're using approved oil and filters and document it. This way your warranty is safe.

pure_lunatic

Ready to race!
Do you know what is approved or how do i find out what is approved?

Consult your owner's manual. Idk about the 2.5 but you're looking for a standard like: VW 502.00/505.00 etc.

You can always go to your dealer and buy the appropriate oil and filters there.

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
My 2011 came with 3yr/36K mile free scheduled warranty. Owner's manual or owners.vw.com also has a list of approved oil.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
My first service was around $140 which included a tire rotation. The prices are pretty steep, the dealers try to charge you for a bunch of "inspections" My next oil change I may just do myself.

the_abuse

Ready to race!
My first service was around $140 which included a tire rotation. The prices are pretty steep, the dealers try to charge you for a bunch of "inspections" My next oil change I may just do myself.

must be an ontario thing i guess why dont we get free changes for the first 36000km