GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Borg Warner EFR 6758 & APR GT30 stage 3+ comparison

fastgti69

M3 Eater
If you have money to lay out, try to buy the stage 3+ kit upgrade. Just the gt3071 and the injectors. then just sell the turbo and you have injectors for yourself. Then go get a gooooood custom tune. Goodluck! that EFR has massive potential and I know it cause I had a TSI as well. I know that motor can fuck some shit up.

BeauG

Ready to race!
If you have money to lay out, try to buy the stage 3+ kit upgrade. Just the gt3071 and the injectors. then just sell the turbo and you have injectors for yourself. Then go get a gooooood custom tune. Goodluck! that EFR has massive potential and I know it cause I had a TSI as well. I know that motor can fuck some shit up.

Right on APR's website they state that you have to be an existing Stage 3 customer in order to get the 3+ upgrade kit, so it's not that simple.

Halvie

WOOSA

Question is who is doing custom tunes, and if they are are they quality?

Lots of tuners pretend that they do them, but how many have we seen? Any?

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion

basically its only unitronic...and that runs you a couple grand so doing what fastgti69 sugggested isn't cost effective at all given the two turbos are fairly comparable

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Right on APR's website they state that you have to be an existing Stage 3 customer in order to get the 3+ upgrade kit, so it's not that simple.

Not every stage 3 will go stage 3+. Look for someone who is stage 3 knows they are not going to go stage 3+ and offer them $$

You're right, that is one of the hardest to come by. An actual reputable tuner that has done big turbo kits for TSI. Probably no one :/.

basically its only unitronic...and that runs you a couple grand so doing what fastgti69 sugggested isn't cost effective at all given the two turbos are fairly comparable

Unitronic yea.. revo might do a custom too. That's the headaches with going custom kits. At least it's an EFR kit, that is badass.

BeauG

Ready to race!
Not every stage 3 will go stage 3+. Look for someone who is stage 3 knows they are not going to go stage 3+ and offer them $$

So the next time you go to get re-flashed because an update comes out, or the ECU gets wiped for some control module update at the dealership, APR can find out and refuse to support you any longer? I'm not saying they would behave that way, but you can bet your ass I wouldn't be taking that kind of chance.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
So the next time you go to get re-flashed because an update comes out, or the ECU gets wiped for some control module update at the dealership, APR can find out and refuse to support you any longer? I'm not saying they would behave that way, but you can bet your ass I wouldn't be taking that kind of chance.

You make a very good point. I totally agree with you. I never said it was a fullproof option lol, I was just throwing it out there.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Yep, just gonna wait for Unitronic... I might have to go all Halvie on them, see if that makes them hurry up. Guessing I can start with my sig... haha

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
Correct. Unitronic is near completing their injectors, so I just gotta have patience.

More info on your build Zhijjawi PM me or do you have a build link? I get sick of hearing about APR I want to see what some of the other options are out there.

Bimmersmith

Ready to race!
It's encouraging to see there are still people in the VW scene pushing for higher WHPs instead of lower FTGs. :) Keep up the good work sir.

MKVFAST

APR couldn't say anything, its as simple as you felt the car had too much power you didnt like the way it ran, so u decided to downgrade, that is the stage 3 owners choice :D i suppose..

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
More info on your build Zhijjawi PM me or do you have a build link? I get sick of hearing about APR I want to see what some of the other options are out there.

Im curious as well. Specifically info on your turbo single scroll twin scroll?:iono: