GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'10 6-Speed GTI *Going in for Throwout Bearing Squel Monday*

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Hey,

So my Certified per owned '10 Autobahn 6-speed GTI is going in to the dealership on Monday to be diagnosed.

Im hoping they will be able to replicate the sound, but only seems to happen when cold or under load.

Also hoping this will be covered under warranty as ive only driven the car 6,800 miles since ownership (1 oil change) and bought the car with 14xxx miles on it.

Already had the intake manifold replaced under warranty with no discrimination against APR Stage 1 and bolt ons, but i think they may give me a hassle this time?

Anyone else have this work done under warranty?

Thanks
-Steve

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
they should able to replicate it with the weather being colder lately, and should be replaced under warranty.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
they should able to replicate it with the weather being colder lately, and should be replaced under warranty.

I'm hoping my service advisor is a real nice guy, worked with him with my intake manifold flap issue..

I'm just going to tell them to wait a little after I drop it off to try, but you're right ill be down there at 730am so it will still be chilly and it did it all the way to work this morning since it was so cold and I was stuck in accident traffic

Cloudburn

Passed Driver's Ed
If they can replicate it, it should be fine. I had my throwout bearing looked at with less then a thousand miles on it. They ended up changing out the whole gearbox...

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
Hey,

So my Certified per owned '10 Autobahn 6-speed GTI is going in to the dealership on Monday to be diagnosed.

Im hoping they will be able to replicate the sound, but only seems to happen when cold or under load.

Also hoping this will be covered under warranty as ive only driven the car 6,800 miles since ownership (1 oil change) and bought the car with 14xxx miles on it.

Already had the intake manifold replaced under warranty with no discrimination against APR Stage 1 and bolt ons, but i think they may give me a hassle this time?

Anyone else have this work done under warranty?

Thanks
-Steve

What dealership? Mine does the same when cold..
.. at 21K miles now.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
North Penn VW...they have been excellent everytime i have dealt with them, bought the car their too...

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
So i had to reschedule my appointment from Monday until today:

Took my '10 autobahn in today and got a call a few hours later saying they're replacing the clutch, flywheel, and TOB and going to try and have the car back to me tomorrow...

Thing was i couldn't replicate the noise this morning when i went to go take a video before driving down the to dealership (to warm outside). I told them in what ways the sound would be more apparent (incline, reverse on decline, or when the car was cold), they said they would wait awhile to take a look.

For anyone that may have this issue, as i see it seems to be a common problem around the forum

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
So i had to reschedule my appointment from Monday until today:

Took my '10 autobahn in today and got a call a few hours later saying they're replacing the clutch, flywheel, and TOB and going to try and have the car back to me tomorrow...

Thing was i couldn't replicate the noise this morning when i went to go take a video before driving down the to dealership (to warm outside). I told them in what ways the sound would be more apparent (incline, reverse on decline, or when the car was cold), they said they would wait awhile to take a look.

For anyone that may have this issue, as i see it seems to be a common problem around the forum

As soon as I get the time to call and make an appt. I will get North Penn to check mine out as well. The squeal has become more frequent as the miles accrue.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Just an update if anyone cares...

all was replaced under warranty..

new clutch, flywheel and TOB