GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I just noticed

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
I didn't even realize I had a rear washer till a few weeks after having the car and reading about people having problems with it on forums like this.

One thing I noticed that I hadn't heard anyone mention is when you put the parking break on, the DRLs will shut off.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I didn't even realize I had a rear washer till a few weeks after having the car and reading about people having problems with it on forums like this.

One thing I noticed that I hadn't heard anyone mention is when you put the parking break on, the DRLs will shut off.

I've never seen a car with a rear wiper that didn't have a washer too. :iono:

JDigital

Ready to race!
I thought it was cool that when you are using the front wipers and then put the car in reverse that it automatically activates the rear wiper. A no-brainer really but the first car I've had that does that.
Also the four shopping bag hooks under the hatch cover. Really handy to stop crap flying around back there when your taking those corners at 60! :D

I've only got one hook and it doesn't look like it would do much good at all... Unless I am only taking right hand turns... :laugh:

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!

superbob

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought it was cool that when you are using the front wipers and then put the car in reverse that it automatically activates the rear wiper. A no-brainer really but the first car I've had that does that.
Also the four shopping bag hooks under the hatch cover. Really handy to stop crap flying around back there when your taking those corners at 60! :D

LOL, I know how you feel, just happen to go in reverse the other day while it was raining and couldn't figure out for the life of me why the rear wiper would go off without me engaging it. None the less, it is a nifty feature of the car!

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
Tug harder. It won't break. Not like its a VW...oh wait

zecpull1

Ready to race!
There is a guy in one of the Forums that makes a Complete Stealth Amp rack and Subs that fits in the space around the Spare tire..
To the guy that said his Dealer didnt have a manual..look High in the Glove box I thought mine was gone till I looked again. .
My Favorite thing about the Stereo..is the SD Card reader. it is great..I can have a couple and it holds 10 CDs each.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
There is a guy in one of the Forums that makes a Complete Stealth Amp rack and Subs that fits in the space around the Spare tire..
To the guy that said his Dealer didnt have a manual..look High in the Glove box I thought mine was gone till I looked again. .
My Favorite thing about the Stereo..is the SD Card reader. it is great..I can have a couple and it holds 10 CDs each.

What process did you use to get the songs on the SD card.

What Oper sys, windows or Mac
Windows media center or another program to copy the songs etc.

I put songs on the SD card, the name comes up on the computer, CD and track title, but in the GTI when each song is playing it just says track or title 1....2 etc. they play fine, no delay etc.

Put the SD card back in the computer and titles appear. My songs are wma, i was thinking about copying them as mp3, but the GTI book says both work.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
What process did you use to get the songs on the SD card.

What Oper sys, windows or Mac
Windows media center or another program to copy the songs etc.

I put songs on the SD card, the name comes up on the computer, CD and track title, but in the GTI when each song is playing it just says track or title 1....2 etc. they play fine, no delay etc.

Put the SD card back in the computer and titles appear. My songs are wma, i was thinking about copying them as mp3, but the GTI book says both work.

Convert them to mp3s.

nik

Go Kart Champion
I knew the radio had retained power if you switched off the car and hit the power button, but I didn't know it stayed on after removing the key and opening the door. I had to hit the power button again to switch it off

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I knew the radio had retained power if you switched off the car and hit the power button, but I didn't know it stayed on after removing the key and opening the door. I had to hit the power button again to switch it off

It turns off after 10 minutes or so automatically. You can turn it back on by hitting hte power button as often as you like, but it won't stay on by itself.

HawaiiMKVI

Ready to race!
I've had my 3-door for about 5 days now and I still don't know how to work my rear window wiper -_-.

I also didn't know about that folding mirror, pretty nifty.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I've had my 3-door for about 5 days now and I still don't know how to work my rear window wiper -_-.

I also didn't know about that folding mirror, pretty nifty.

Fold in mirrors have been out for a long time now. I'm sure that your last car had it. For your rear wiper, push your wiper switch forward, not up or down. Push forward once to wipe, forward again to spray.