GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Foggy Window Problem

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Is there anything I can spray on the inside windows that wont allow them to get foggy? I don't wanna use the AC duing the winter to defog my windows. Regular heat wont cleat the fog, only when the AC button is on will the windows clear. Infact, if the ac button is not on the car will fog up completely. Help!

TDI110

O_o
why don't you want to use the AC to do what it's suppose to? I don't think you can do anything about it.

shredX

Ready to race!
That's like saying I want to listen to music but I don't want to turn on the radio.

P

plac

hahahah.. the point of A/C is to get the moisture out of the air... no where in "A/C" does it say the temp has to be cold..

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
today it was 24F outside I started my car and turned on the A/C...light was on but it did not work...I knew it is stand by under a certain(don't know excatly what F) ambient temperature.

Last edited:

plat

Ready to race!
I do not use AC to defog my windows when it is raining or snowing outside. I usually keep the air recirculate button on auto (Climatronic AC). When not using AC, the air is drawn from the outside. When the AC is on, the air is recirculated. Outside air plus some heat (with Climatronic system, around 19 or 20 deg.C setting) and vents set to defog mode (meaning air is coming out of the windshield defog vents), I do not get window fog. When you forget to turn off the air recirculate mode (i.e. your AC system is recirculating cabin air), your windows will fog up quite fast.

allset

Go Kart Champion
yes i think rain x makes a spray for the inside of the windows for fog. autozone/pepboys have it. i actually have been meaning to get it myself. i hate using the a/c in the summer i sure dont want to use it in the winter

GTIProject

Ready to race!
Make sure the inside of the windows are extra clean. The dirt on the windows attract condensation moreso than if the windows are clean. Clean the windows, and see if this helps. I run the A/C most of the time, but during the cold periods - I don't use it and I have no issues with fogging - just be sure to not have the HVAC zone selector blowing on defrost.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
usually cracking the windows clears up any fog for me (basically only happens when I get in the car after working out)

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
My A/C is always on. Winter or summer. Defrost mode or regular mode. 60 degree or 80 degree setting. I never have interior condensation. Period.

Oh, and I only use the recirculating setting if I'm behind a truck or car burning oil.

by the way, you have a 4-cylinder and A/C kills fuel economy, power and overall fun factor. I'm not trying to start a war, but A/C bogs down the engine so much on a 4-banger even turbo. I will do anything to keep mine off.

Speaking of window coating from the factory.. how the hell do I get the circles off the window from mounting it. They are on the inside and my window cleaner (Stoners Invisible Glass) won't get rid of it and I don't want to rain-x the inside, but I might. Rain-x takes off ANYTHING in case you ever have weird grime on your windows. :thumbsup: