GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

your opinion, MK IV R32 or MK V GTI?

Bender1

Banned
If he has enough to get an 09 with a TSI then the GTI would be a better deal (but then it would be a better deal anyway at that point) but otherwise the MKIV R can easily be as good or better a deal ;)

So chances are not the opposite and you are proving my point that we need to know more about the cars. :p

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
So chances are not the opposite and you are proving my point that we need to know more about the cars. :p

Not at all; you said the chances are higher the .:R would be abused. I was stating the chances are the opposite of that.

It's just that an 09 or newer GTI will not have had as much opportunity yet for abuse anyway :D

I agree completely though, that we need more info for a truthful comparison :w00t:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I know; just being a pain :D:yikes:

When I read the OP's post I just figured he was looking at older MKVs. Compared to an .:R that would be far worse. If he is looking at 09s then perhaps (though I'd still take the .:R over the GTI)

Bender1

Banned
I know; just being a pain :D:yikes:

When I read the OP's post I just figured he was looking at older MKVs. Compared to an .:R that would be far worse. If he is looking at 09s then perhaps (though I'd still take the .:R over the GTI)

Totally agreed.

An 07 v the R32 is no question. The 09 v the R32...