GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New R owner here :)

Bteege

Here she is my 2013 red Golf R, I am absolutely in love with the car don't have many pictures as of right now. This one is even from the dealer, left behind my 2008 350z for this and I must say so far there is zero regrets. One thing I am defiantly disappointed with thought is the center console!! what a waste of space!

Attachments

• my golf r.jpg
    my golf r.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 323

LastRinATX

Welcome!

rjkeene89

Ready to race!
Ya. I have a pair of Maui Jim glasses and they aren't even big. And don't fit. I guess I dont have the right style to drive a vw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Hi Welcome.

Car has tinted side markers -- makes me wonder if it is modded even more extensively :)

Bteege

Hi Welcome.

Car has tinted side markers -- makes me wonder if it is modded even more extensively :)

I noticed that but engine wise it is completely stock. The springs are a blue color but I do not see any name brand on them? are all springs blue or are these aftermarket? I bought from a dealer and came with a warranty so it cannot be modded really.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I noticed that but engine wise it is completely stock. The springs are a blue color but I do not see any name brand on them? are all springs blue or are these aftermarket? I bought from a dealer and came with a warranty so it cannot be modded really.
They could be DG springs, OEM lowering springs.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Aren't VWR springs blue?

You should check for a tune. It may be tuned but in stock mode.

Here she is my 2013 red Golf R, I am absolutely in love with the car don't have many pictures as of right now. This one is even from the dealer, left behind my 2008 350z for this and I must say so far there is zero regrets. One thing I am defiantly disappointed with thought is the center console!! what a waste of space!

Hey Bteege welcome to the forums and welcome to the VAG Community!!! :w00t:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
whalecum.

Labbatt33

Ready to race!

I bought a Stage 2 catless Golf R on H&R SS springs that was CPO'd by the dealer. They can sell you whatever and warranty whatever.

Bteege

How exactly would I check to see if the vehicle possibly has and tunes but is set in stock mode right now?

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
How exactly would I check to see if the vehicle possibly has and tunes but is set in stock mode right now?

When you get on it, is it slow? :lol:

First thing I would do is go to APR's site, and go to their page where it tells how to change tunes (APR "EMCS functions" or something like that). Anyway, that page gives instructions on how to change tunes using the cruise control stalk. If the car flashes on the dash, you know it has their mutli-file tune on it.

If it does not, then it's either the single program tune, or no tune at all...which brings me to the next point:

Get your VIN# and call the major tuners (APR, United Motorsport, etc.)
They can check to see if the VIN is in the database.