GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

unofficial 2.5L Golf MkVI Picture Thread

rstevenson

Ready to race!
thanks a lot bro.I appreciate that.
by the way ,answering a pvt message, I'm running Racelands and I can not be happier about the drop
and how the car drives and feels now,definitely totally worth it 100%,I research for 3 months about what should I buy when I was ready and with $800,changed my mind in the last second and got the $300 bucks coils,I'd recommend them again and again.what a great deal,forget about the FK,HRs,Konis THOSE ARE PRO,THOSE ARE FOR RACING high APR chipped performance tracking speed fans,if u just want a cool car and more cash in your pocket I'd go with Racelands,u can go easily over speed bumps also(with passenger)and still looks low.
it's just MY opinion,this not an open debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

link of where u got them? thanks

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
ps what are the best springs for looks? wanting it low before i upload the pictures, and what about new shocks? think theyre really needed?

I'm on H&R super sports. I'm actually a little bit lower now because they've settled more. this picture was taken when I first got them on. new shocks is up to you. People say you need them and others don't. I think eventually you will have to get them though.

rstevenson

Ready to race!
I'm on H&R super sports. I'm actually a little bit lower now because they've settled more. this picture was taken when I first got them on. new shocks is up to you. People say you need them and others don't. I think eventually you will have to get them though.

so super sports are the way to go? have been looking at eibach pro kit also but i dont really know :/

rstevenson

Ready to race!

and did you get new shocks with your springs or stay with the stock?

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
super sports are the way to go if you don't wanna spend that much. and no i didnt get new shocks or anything else.

rstevenson

Ready to race!
super sports are the way to go if you don't wanna spend that much. and no i didnt get new shocks or anything else.

okay thanks mate, going to go for these now :)

rip steakface1

Passed Driver's Ed
if you're ONLY concerned about looks, you can pretty much go with whatever you want to get the ride height you like. correct me if i'm wrong guys, but anything more than 1-1.25" of a drop on stock shocks might be asking for trouble in both shock longevity and ride quality. i've had no problems with pro-kit (50k + on stock shocks on my 07 rabbit) and the vw driver gear springs should be fine with the stock shocks...

rstevenson

Ready to race!
how low is pro kit compared with h&r super sport? dont wana go ridiculously low but still want a good look on the car. another thing is i dont wana regret not going low enough :/

rstevenson

Ready to race!

lewylou78

Ready to race!
any pics?

Bro, I posted pics of the Pro-Kit (on an MK6 Golf 2.5) for you in the other suspension thread:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17065

I personally don't think you will be happy with the Pro-Kit (p/n 85100/140) because it's not much of a drop.

Here is what H&R Sport p/n 54756 gives you:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5199791-Unofficial-Golf-(non-GTI)-Picture-Thread...

That guy (peddyproblems) says his front is a bit too high (with p/n 54756) which gives a reverse rake (front higher than rear) look so you probably won't be happy with that either.

I haven't seen any Golf 2.5 guys on Eibach's Sportline springs (p/n 4.10085) yet so I can't speak for those springs.

Do yourself a favor and get either H&R Sport p/n 54752 or H&R Super Sport p/n 54756-77. Depending on how much you are willing to spend, I would recommend some good aftermarket shocks (at least with the Super Sport springs).

jmarch

Ready to race!
Here's my 2.5l

I'm not sure what my next mod is. I was hoping to trade my 17inch portos for 18's with my dealer but he came back to me when it was time to trade and told me that his manager told him he wasn't allowed to make the trade. So I'm not sure if I'm ready to fork out the cash needed to get to 18's. I really wanted the interlagos. They're so nice. The other option that I'm looking into is lowering with FK coils. I can get the high sports for 950 delivered and installed. What does everyone think? What would you do first? Coils or 18s?

I also just replaced my fogs and low beam lights with aftermarket lights for the brighter and whiter look. I plan on putting in yellow lights in the city light spot. It's too hard to find 194 bulbs that match the lights I'm running now so I'll just go away from it with yellow. I'll post pics when I get that done. I also got the side markers painted this winter as well.

Attachments

• IMG00343-20110328-1720.jpg
    IMG00343-20110328-1720.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 752
  • IMG00347-20110403-2159.jpg
    IMG00347-20110403-2159.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG00348-20110403-2200.jpg
    IMG00348-20110403-2200.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 575

the_abuse

Ready to race!
Here's my 2.5l

I'm not sure what my next mod is. I was hoping to trade my 17inch portos for 18's with my dealer but he came back to me when it was time to trade and told me that his manager told him he wasn't allowed to make the trade. So I'm not sure if I'm ready to fork out the cash needed to get to 18's. I really wanted the interlagos. They're so nice. The other option that I'm looking into is lowering with FK coils. I can get the high sports for 950 delivered and installed. What does everyone think? What would you do first? Coils or 18s?

I also just replaced my fogs and low beam lights with aftermarket lights for the brighter and whiter look. I plan on putting in yellow lights in the city light spot. It's too hard to find 194 bulbs that match the lights I'm running now so I'll just go away from it with yellow. I'll post pics when I get that done. I also got the side markers painted this winter as well.

i got an LED 194 that looks exactly the same as my hid's looks os much cleaner . and i just picked up a set of rainbow bulbs for my fog lights

jmarch

Ready to race!
i got an LED 194 that looks exactly the same as my hid's looks os much cleaner . and i just picked up a set of rainbow bulbs for my fog lights

Where did you get the led's? and are they throwing a code?
I got all my bulbs at eurodezigns.com. Life time warranty, decent price, and they look great.