GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

should I get the MKVI

username1

should i get the 2010 MKVI or should I look into a used older model. I want to go mod crazy on this thing and I feel like I will be limited, I know the tunes wont be out till the end of the month, but what are my options for exhaust and intake? which are the best? and I think for tunes ill go with apr, but what other mods are out there for this thing. I did search and did not find what I was looking for so please dont say go search again. What options for mods are there on this thing and how well does it react to the mods? worth the money? HELP please and thank you

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
it would help if people did research first instead of posting a 'help me' thread.
there are at least 2-3 threads on here alone concerning intakes and exhausts.
if you need more information, vwvortex has even more

zee

Go Kart Champion
Well...what kind of mods do you want to go crazy with? and $$$$$$?

You can probably upgrade a 2009 MkV model cheaper because the modification parts are plentiful and discounted by lots of suppliers.

For the 2010 MKVI, everything is pretty much available apart from the Stage I ECU tune unless you want to drive to the APR's head office in Alabama to get it done. The TSI motor reacts very well to mods. GIAC or Revo stage I ecu tune might already be available too.

Engine - Stage I, Stage II or Stage III ($600-6000). available if you want to drive to APR's headoffice in Alabama. You could also check Revo, GIAC or ultronic.
Engine basic bolt-ons - Intakes, DV upgrades, catch-can available
Suspension - Springs, coils or bags ($250-2500). available
Exterior - Front and rear aftermarket bumpers. ABT, Reiger etc. You just need to find a USA supplier. available
Audio - Aftermarket audio options. available
Wheels - Lots of options. available
Exhaust - APR, Borla etc available
Lighting - HID & LED options available
Interior bits - boost gauge, cosmetiic updates etc some are available