GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uni DP to Milltek CB fitment issues

adamnapes

Passed Driver's Ed
Ran into a fitment issue trying to install this 3" milltek CB to a first gen Uni DP. Basically it's about 2" too long with the reducer installed into the CB. I was wondering if anybody else has had an issue such as this, and some possible solutions? I was going to cut the CB reducer down about an inch on each end and see where that gets me? One note, I did have the reducer installed correctly, so that is not the issue.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!

My Steve Petty downpipe wasn't the correct length when matching up with my Corsa catback. I believe it was too short though. I had to take a piece of stainless 3" pipe and use exhaust band clamps to make it work.

You may need to do some custom cutting/adapting to make it work. Definitely can be frustrating, but not a huge deal. Is resale value important to you?

adamnapes

Passed Driver's Ed
My Steve Petty downpipe wasn't the correct length when matching up with my Corsa catback. I believe it was too short though. I had to take a piece of stainless 3" pipe and use exhaust band clamps to make it work.

You may need to do some custom cutting/adapting to make it work. Definitely can be frustrating, but not a huge deal. Is resale value important to you?

Yeah, it looks like I'm heading for some custom work. I played around with the Dremel today, taking off about an 1.25", and it's still another 1.5" too long with the reducer installed. Probably just going to have the shop cut, fab and weld the DP to CB making the entire length 3". I'm guessing unitronic sells or did sell at one point a full 3" piece, but at this point I'm with with the DIY. Moving onto the next one.....Motor/trans mounts should be a piece of cake!