GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
GroceryGTIer
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tri-state
Posts: 104
VW bumps warranty on 2018 models to 6 years/72,000 miles

This is good for them I think. Very tempted to trade lol.
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
jshay
Formula 5000 Champion
 
jshay's Avatar
 
Drives: GLI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,689
The best deals will be on the CPO ones as it goes to 100K.
__________________
FrankenTurbo GLI Build Thread
@qetoffmylawn
jshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2010 MK6
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 599
Whats the point, VW tends to claim broken things are normal lol.
__________________
2010 MK6 GTI 6MT: APR Stage 2.4 High Output : eBay special downpipe : IE Intake : R8 Coils : BKR7EIX : DWS06 : 034 Dog Bone Mount : 034 Dog Bone Insert : StopTech Brake Pads : SPM CatBack : Sachs ZF Clutch : Diesel Geek Short Shifter : GFB DV + : Clutch Stop :
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
CHerna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans GTI View Post
Whats the point, VW tends to claim broken things are normal lol.
To gain confidence among buyers. It's one of the best warranties out there.

They must have confidence in their engineering and/or must have filled a bunch of supplier quality engineering roles
__________________
2012 Golf GTI 2 Door - DBP - 6-Speed M/T
| Stratified Pro-Tuned | Eurojet TBE | Integrated Engineering Stage 2 CAI | R8 Coil-Packs | GFB DV+ | BC Racing BR Series Coil-Overs | Rotiform KPS | Nitto NT555 G2 |
IG: @MightyCarlitos
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
gdub09
Drag Racing Champion
 
gdub09's Avatar
 
Drives: GTI DSG
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 61
Trying to get back buyers after the diesel scandal basically. I'm interested to see what they actually will warranty because there's a few things that go bad all the time that they don't warranty
__________________
12 GTI DSG | WRD Coilovers | Beluga TBE | R8 Coil Packs | 034 RSB | Eurodyne Stg 2
gdub09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
GroceryGTIer
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tri-state
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub09 View Post
Trying to get back buyers after the diesel scandal basically. I'm interested to see what they actually will warranty because there's a few things that go bad all the time that they don't warranty
Imo, it's a good way to get buyers back, or try at least.
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #7
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,851
The current trend of car manufactures warranty is dumb. Ive seen cars brand new that are like 50-60k have a 3 year/36k mile warranty(Looking at you BMW). Like WTF?
Then other korean/jap car makers have 8-10 year warranty and 100k miles when their cars are almost half the price.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #8
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2010 MK6
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
The current trend of car manufactures warranty is dumb. Ive seen cars brand new that are like 50-60k have a 3 year/36k mile warranty(Looking at you BMW). Like WTF?
Then other korean/jap car makers have 8-10 year warranty and 100k miles when their cars are almost half the price.
Thats because these newer BMW's are the biggest pile of shits out there, even BMW doesn't want to anything to do with their own cars after 3 years.

Hyundai is doing it right, im very tempted to buy a new Hyundai. Considering this is what Hyundai offers with their new car warranty

10 year/100k miles power train warranty
5 year/60k mile full coverage warranty
7 year/unlimited miles rust/paint warranty
5 year/unlimited miles 24 hour roadside assistance
12 month/12k mile accessories warranty
7 year/70k miles California pzev components warranty
8 year/80k mile federal emissions warranty
LIFETIME hybrid battery warranty.

Damn.
__________________
2010 MK6 GTI 6MT: APR Stage 2.4 High Output : eBay special downpipe : IE Intake : R8 Coils : BKR7EIX : DWS06 : 034 Dog Bone Mount : 034 Dog Bone Insert : StopTech Brake Pads : SPM CatBack : Sachs ZF Clutch : Diesel Geek Short Shifter : GFB DV + : Clutch Stop :
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #9
GroceryGTIer
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tri-state
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans GTI View Post
Thats because these newer BMW's are the biggest pile of shits out there, even BMW doesn't want to anything to do with their own cars after 3 years.

Hyundai is doing it right, im very tempted to buy a new Hyundai. Considering this is what Hyundai offers with their new car warranty

10 year/100k miles power train warranty
5 year/60k mile full coverage warranty
7 year/unlimited miles rust/paint warranty
5 year/unlimited miles 24 hour roadside assistance
12 month/12k mile accessories warranty
7 year/70k miles California pzev components warranty
8 year/80k mile federal emissions warranty
LIFETIME hybrid battery warranty.

Damn.
Yeah lol, but WHICH Hyundai?
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.