GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock MK6 GTI vs: 2010 Speed3, 2005 Wrx & Lexus IS250

urabus

Passed Driver's Ed
So had a pretty eventful night of racing. Friend just got a new smiley-face Mazdaspeed3 and was heading to his house to install some HIDs. On the way over, I notice a black Lexus cutting through traffic pretty quickly. I eventually catch up to him at a red light and notice that it is a IS250 with the new rear lights. Didn't really care to much about actually racing him, but I notice that he is itching to get going. Light turns green and we are side by side when he guns it, so I decide to go for it as well. Starting pulling him pretty good in 2nd gear and decide to let off around 60-ish and had about a good car on him. :w00t: First win for me in my new car.

Then later that night, I get a chance to race the new stock Speed3. After slowly pulling out of his neighborhood, we both get into 2nd and just go for it. All of 2nd gear we were pretty even, but right after shifting into 3rd he starts walking away from me. Get up to around 75-ish when he is about a bit more than a car ahead of me. Not bad for his car having a good hp advantage.

After that, a friend of mine with a Cobb Stage 1 WRX decides to join us. So again we do a 2nd gear roll at around 20. Again, we all were pretty even until shifting into 3rd, when Speed starts to pull. But I was dead even with the WRX.

And then towards the end of the night, my car turned into beast mode. Out of all the races, the last one was the best. We were all in a left turn lane, with the WRX and Speed right next to each other and me behind the Speed. Light turns green and they slowly drive through the turn in second, with me very close behind. They start going on it once they get out of the turn and I decide to floor it as well. I quickly move to outer third lane and....to my surprise start catching up to them and end up being dead even with them. My friend in the Speed looks over to the right and sees me, and the expression on his face was just priceless. :laugh: He was just like how the heck did you get here haha. I end up letting off though because I had pushed my luck without a radar enough.

So in the end, faster than IS250, even with a Stage 1 Wrx and 2 out of 3 times slower than a Speed3. On a different note though, I could really careless if this car is faster than this or slower than that. The joy I get out of driving this car everyday is all I need. :D

wildcars

Ready to race!
Nice runs there bro!

You got a manual 6-speed or a DSG(which is also 6-speed)??

urabus

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice runs there bro!

You got a manual 6-speed or a DSG(which is also 6-speed)??

Thanks man! Yeah I noticed that I should probably change my sig since both the manual and dsg are 6-speed haha. But yeah I got a manual.

wildcars

Ready to race!
Nice... Manual is lots of fun!

Done any mods yet? or planning to?

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
What year wrx? A newer Cobb stage 1 should be faster than that so I am just curious.

Nice runs though; the German held her own well against the allied forces of the Pacific Rim :D

urabus

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice... Manual is lots of fun!

Done any mods yet? or planning to?

No mods yet, completely stock. I plan on at least getting a stage 1 tune and then a couple of cosmetic mods.

What year wrx? A newer Cobb stage 1 should be faster than that so I am just curious.

Nice runs though; the German held her own well against the allied forces of the Pacific Rim :D

If it would have been a 09+ Stage 1 wrx he would have destroyed me. This was a 2005 Wrx though, the peanut-eye one, which is also the last year of the 2 liter motor in the wrx. I was surprised that he couldn't pull on me, on the other hand he would have killed me from a dig. :bellyroll: