GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 06-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #29
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI CSG 4d/6s
R-Dash LED license plate lighting kit on order...ran out of room for my mod list in my forum signature officially.
Grambles' Unicorn Gym Theory
My Build Thread
Hilfloskind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #30
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
Lookn' good - what lip spolier you getting?

crazy about the UR pipe - is it only that much louder at WOT then or all the time?

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #31
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Thanks, man...I went with the OEM lip spoiler, color matched, from Checkered Flag VW.

I really focused on performance from the start, barring tint and audio. To me, stage 2 with an intake is plenty fast for a daily, and wife, driven FWD car. Now that it's where I want it to be power-wise, I'm spending much more time thinking about the overall look of my car. SoWo got me feeling inadequate, especially taking pics next to Euro89 and eMillionaire's cars, so it's time to make the car worth looking at.

Unfortunately, I don't see much of a path for cosmetic choices with this body style yet. Most of the body related stuff is too edgy and overdone that's out so far. Really, I guess I'm doing the obvious stuff right now: lighting, cleaning up the front, wheels. To be honest, the car looks so damn good even stock that there isn't much more I can even imagine altering.

As far as the downpipe... It's louder about 3k and up...below that RPM level I'd say it's not much different than the Magnaflow CB with stock DP levels. It also gets a bunch of burbles and burps at idle, which I love the sound of...sounds angry.
My Build Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #32
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

cool, and no CEL's?

No GunKata, no care.

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #33
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Nope...keep in mind the shop that installed the DP and coils had it tuned shortly after installing all the hardware. We only test drove it for like 5-10 minutes to check out the install before the computer was hooked up for the reflash...even then, no CEL.
My Build Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #34
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

nice. I'm interested in going the UR dp route and that sounds nice if its only that noticeable above 3k. that would be ideal.

No GunKata, no care.

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #35
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

I think it's pretty much perfect...my ONLY complain with the tone is that I wish it was a little deeper. The Magnaflow helps deepen the tone but it definitely seems like a battle between the deep tone from the MF CB and the more hollow rasp from the UR DP. The DP definitely adds volume and an aggressive sound, though.
My Build Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #36
raeuber
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2011 MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilfloskind View Post
R-Dash LED license plate lighting kit on order...ran out of room for my mod list in my forum signature officially.
what's included in that kit?
raeuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #37
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

The lights/housing, wiring/harness connectors with resistors to avoid errors and zip ties to keep it clean.
My Build Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #38
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

25 mins and lots of sweat from lying on the ground in the hot sun of my driveway and my OEM CSG lip spoiler is installed. I can see being lowered and having this is going to make for some nerve wracking entrances into driveways and over speed bumps but otherwise it looks great! Between this and the color matched side markers, my front looks totally Euro specced like it should.

Pics will be posted of this whole burst of cosmetic work (Hoen xenon match fogs, color matched markers, lip spoiler and AG M310 wheels...all in under three weeks) is wrapped up sometime next week when the wheels are mounted.
My Build Thread
Old 06-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #39
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Ugh...got notified by P2Spec that the RDash LED license plate lights are not in stock after all. On top of that, they are having to check their inventory with Avant Garde on the M310s...I was actually scratching my head wondering when I'd see tracking info last night since I ordered these earlier in the week with a "ships in 24 hours" type status showing on their website for the wheels.

Man, I'm going to be crushed if they don't have stock on these wheels after all.
My Build Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #40
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Major ball dropped on the wheels. Got a call today from Ben @ P2Spec. The folks at AG actually had the nerve to sell P2Spec's on hand inventory to customers of another vendor which wiped out the inventory needed for my order. Needless to say, I'm absolutely ripshit about this. My credit card was already charged and everything...supposedly the wheels will not be back in stock for my shipment for another two weeks. Figure in transit time and I won't be seeing these until the last week in June. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't already out the cash...although either way it completely sucks. I would be pissed at P2Spec but I really can't. The site says they charge within 24 hours of shipment...a shipment which they trusted AG to deliver on and were also deceived about...from their end, they charged thinking the order was going to drop ship from Avant Garde.

I really was looking forward to a significant transformation between the Hoen fog bulbs (which I also still haven't gotten a replacement bulb for), the color matched side markers (which are installed and look great), the CSG lip spoiler (also sexy) and lastly the wheels...all within a very short time period. I actually held off on getting R tails so I could pay for these wheels...now I'm not even in the position to buy the tails right now with my bank account already having been debited. I even have the OEM BMW black lugs/locks just sitting in my kitchen...waiting.
My Build Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #41
euro89
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW MK6 GTI, Manual
lovin those pics ^
;p
Old 06-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #42
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Thanks!!! Once my new wheels come in, I will finally be able to take more pics...I swore I'd hold off on doing any more shoots until they arrive. I'm loving the look of the front end with the lip spoiler and color matched markers.
My Build Thread