GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got a DP for my R!

Lucas_R

Passed Driver's Ed
^ could be fuel cut, but could also be an ignition coil on its way out.

You will be able to see misfires logged with VAGCOM if its the ignition coils. But you could just be at the limit of the stock HPFP's capabilities at your current level of power.

The weakness in the stock HPFP's design is in the lower/mid RPM range - where it's design cannot pump enough fuel for cars making more power. Up in the higher RPM range it does better - so perhaps your high RPM stutter isn't the HPFP after all??

I ran my car for a few months on a stage 1 tune but with the intake and DP (same as you but just different brand of tune and intake/DP) and my car ran fine - no fuel cut etc. I also had a 42DD o2 spacer so i didn't get any CEL's. I DID have misfires on the stock ignition coils though (they only had about 6,000-7,000 miles on them at that stage too), so i replaced them with the red top coils (about $20-25 each) and have had no problems since.

wbean

attention whore
could be fuel cut cause hpfp

nimda

Ready to race!
^ could be fuel cut, but could also be an ignition coil on its way out.

You will be able to see misfires logged with VAGCOM if its the ignition coils. But you could just be at the limit of the stock HPFP's capabilities at your current level of power.

The weakness in the stock HPFP's design is in the lower/mid RPM range - where it's design cannot pump enough fuel for cars making more power. Up in the higher RPM range it does better - so perhaps your high RPM stutter isn't the HPFP after all??

I ran my car for a few months on a stage 1 tune but with the intake and DP (same as you but just different brand of tune and intake/DP) and my car ran fine - no fuel cut etc. I also had a 42DD o2 spacer so i didn't get any CEL's. I DID have misfires on the stock ignition coils though (they only had about 6,000-7,000 miles on them at that stage too), so i replaced them with the red top coils (about $20-25 each) and have had no problems since.

very Similar... the car actually has 7K miles on it right now... can I get a good link to these coils, are the a PITA to install, any downsides?

Deepflip

Ready to race!
Im little confused about the cel. My apr tuner told me that my CEL should light up once i installed my dp. But it never light up? Is that a bad thing?

nimda

Ready to race!
NO CEL

Sounds like your one of the lucky ones... or... you got a tune for no DP. If I understand the APR stuff correctly, they offer a DP friendly tune option for most of the tunes. This would also spare you the CEL. In addition if you installed an O2 extender that would better your chances, most of the local shops here throw them on when they do an install.

nimda

Ready to race!
well... after taking the plunge on the HPFP and getting the Stage 2+ test pipe tune, all my issues are resolved without even touching the plugs or coils.

I don't doubt that they will help and plan to buy in the near future... seems like the tune cleared up the issues.