GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 vs 05 Altima SE-R

emayerc

I currently own an 05 SE-R 6spd. I will probably be changing cars in December this year. I love the new looks on the GTI, as well as the interiors and the "driveability" if offers. My only worry is that i love the power of the VQ and think that by now the GTI should at least offer about 240hp. I have had runs against the MK5 and was not impressed as i won every time. Is the GTI 6 really faster?
I have also considered a new Altima Coupe... which do you think is faster in a straight line of the 3?

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
I owned a VQ before the GTI. I don't miss it at all, after a stage 1 tune you'll be good to go.

kyle1

Passed Driver's Ed
Drive a tuned GTI, and you'll wonder why you spent the past 4-5 years (I assume) living with the SE-R.

A tuned GTI is truly the perfect package of power, affordability, fuel efficiency, interior quality and classy (non-boy racer) exterior. I honestly don't know another car out there that can come close to the package.

gkallis

Ready to race!
GTI FTMFW!

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
I owned a VQ also (2006 Maxima). The Maxima was strong, no doubt.

Stock for stock (being that I have owned both).....I would say the VQ would win....but it would be really close.

A chipped GTI should take a stock VQ. But I'm guessing on that as I am not chipped yet and never rode in or drove a chipped 2.0t

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
I owned a VQ also (2006 Maxima). The Maxima was strong, no doubt.

Stock for stock (being that I have owned both).....I would say the VQ would win....but it would be really close.

A chipped GTI should take a stock VQ. But I'm guessing on that as I am not chipped yet and never rode in or drove a chipped 2.0t

agreed

hey penrose, i had an 07 maxima. were you ever on 6thgenmaxima.org?

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
agreed

hey penrose, i had an 07 maxima. were you ever on 6thgenmaxima.org?

No. I think the forum I used was "maxima.org"...they still send me a Happy Birthday email every year and I sold that car like 3 years ago.