GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock MKVI vs G37

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
surely you jest!
My black GTI's body panels expand during the day due to heat reflecting off the black paint and causes the panels to virtually seal at the gaps creating less wind resistance. I will race anyone during the day who doesn't have black. At night I'm usually sleeping! LOL

Yeah, but the overheated panels heat up the surrounding air causing increased resistance; so it's a wash. CW reflects the heat keeping the panels and the surrounding air cooler; so the lowered resistance from less pigmentation thereby decreases resistance further from the virtual cooling effect.
:D:thumbup:

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
G37 sedan is a heavy car yes, but I am pretty sure that one or more (maybe all) of the following occured:
Your friend wasn't on the right gear.
He had old tires (or it was in the wet)
The whole thing ended before mid 3rd gear.
You accelerated before he did.
He had two dead bodies in his trunck (and the killer was sitting next to him).

nice kill anyway:p

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I don't think there is any way you'd beat him from a controlled start scenario.... the G37s are pretty damn fast. My guess is you had the jump on him, and his auto was in the wrong gear (especially true if you rolled from 15 mph)

mmm def

Ready to race!
I don't think there is any way you'd beat him from a controlled start scenario.... the G37s are pretty damn fast. My guess is you had the jump on him, and his auto was in the wrong gear (especially true if you rolled from 15 mph)

Do your research buddy! If you read up on this site you will see that the GTI is capable of beating many cars you wouldn't think. Now don't you worry that some of these cars the GTI beats are pulling 1/4 miles a good 1+ seconds ahead, because we can't go off published figures from magazines..it's all about real world! :lol::p

But yeah I'm with you on this one.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
The VS. threads make me LUL.....

This topic has been beaten to death. Wait, scratch that that was with G35s. The G37 has +2 more numbers in the name so that means its faster right off the bat.

EDIT: Sarcasm has been inserted

Last edited:

mmm def

Ready to race!
The VS. threads make me LUL.....

This topic hasbeen beaten to death. Wait, scratch that that was with G35s. The G37 has +2 more numbers in the name so that means its faster right off the bat.
5 sp vs 7sp..I'd have an easier time believing a G35 (which I don't) but a G37...no fkn way.

Boo1

Ready to race!
I don't get it. I drive a stock MKVI GTI, and IMO, the car is slow. Peppy, yes. A blast, absolutely. I love the car, don't get me wrong. But a stock GTI is on the low end of the totem pole when it comes to straight line acceleration. If you guys are beating GT 'stangs, G37's, et al, then I think maybe the guys you're "beating" don't know that they're racing.:lol: Or they don't know how to drive. Or both.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
lulthread