GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Ford Fiesta...

shahabdin

Ready to race!
GTI versus Fiesta, versus Fiesta???? :cry: That's a bad comparison and an insult to Golf. :paddle: Ur supposed to compare the Focus. Anways back to the OP, it's no comparison.
The Fords are nice cars, good specs, but noooo where close in build quality and road handling to VW! Read my signature it pretty much sums it up :)

Compare the new Polo to Fiesta, btw were u by any chance implying the Polo GTI?? Polo anyday, it looks daring out there on the roads and carries the VW quality and name!

wildcars

Ready to race!
Ford Fiesta ST?? or just a normal Fiesta?

falconeight1

Ready to race!
I got to ride in a fiesta in germany and it is a very nice car. Its fit and finish are just as good if not better than a VW. Its a better car than a Polo GTI but the Golf gti is bigger, and more powerful. I would not mind owning a fiesta, or the current euro focus.

CGameProgrammer

I've driven both cars a mere week ago: a stick-shift Fiesta hatchback and a 2010 GTI. The GTI is vastly superior in almost every way.

The Fiesta drove horribly on the highway probably due to its thin tires; even at just 70 mph it felt very squirrely, whereas even my tiny 2001 Focus ZX3 is fine on that pavement at 80 mph. Also the Fiesta's steering felt overbolstered, it's very slow, it doesn't have a center armrest, the shifter's a bit too far forward, and it has a ridiculously irritating radio interface. On the plus side the view is pretty good, front seats were decent, clutch engagement was very smooth, progressive, and easy to work with, shifter wasn't bad, and the capless gas cap is convenient. Also it's relatively cheap, although with the upgraded audio system it can get over $19k, putting it relatively close to the price of even the GTI while being infinitely inferior.

The GTI is very fast, has decent steering, a good shifter (approaching BMW quality), is full-featured and has probably the best audio interface via a touchscreen entirely dedicated to audio (satnav is optional) while also retaining proper physical knobs for both volume and tuning. It's only negative relative to the Fiesta is the view seemed worse; the front windshield is pretty narrow on VWs now.

UKGTI1

Ready to race!

ExplodingBrain

Passed Driver's Ed
A better comparison would be Polo vs Fiesta (or Golf vs Focus).

But if I were looking for a car and Ford offered a Fiesta RS here, then for sure I would at least test drive one.