GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

looking to buy new mk6

Letmein

Newbie here.
I am considering a 2014 wolfsburg 4 door automatic gti. The dealer gave me an internet quote for 24900. Considering mk7 will come out in a month, how much should I be able to haggle on this mk6?

First I started out with a 20k budget. So I was looking at other cars too.. but I was hoping for one or 2 grand more, if I can get a gti, why not go for it.

SWFan

Passed Driver's Ed
I just bought a new 2013 Driver's Edition and got $5K off MSRP. Around here dealers are advertising remaining 2013/2014 GTI stock at $3K to $3,500 off MSRP before you even start negotiating.

In my opinion, if you can get anywhere from $4,000 to $6,000 off the MSRP you're doing excellent for a Driver's Edition. A Wolfsburg I would think would be in the range of $2,500 to $4,000 off.

You don't mention if the car has navigation. A Wolfsburg with DSG and no navigation has an MSRP of $26,195 I believe. So I'd be shooting for around 15% off or around $3,900 off the price.

Of course keep in mind that each market is different. In NJ maybe the GTI's are super popular and the dealer won't have any problem selling it. Here in the midwest, while not unpopular, the GTI is not a hot demand car.

racermp

Ready to race!
I paid 23800 for a 13 wolf dsg last Oct. Should be 23k new now. Check truecar and haggle 500 less from true car price.

Miyamaryu

Hello all, new to the forum. Just last end up purchasing a new 2014 GTI candy white 4 doors DSG WOLFGURG edition for $22,500 in Miami. Due to the New MK7 comming in I think you can get a better price still. I negociate mine through the internet manager.

Will be posting soon some pics.
Thanks.