GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'14 GOLF TDI - My 1st VW

jdmdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone. I just signed up and figured I'd say hi and introduce myself. I just picked up my '14 TDI 6spd. manual a couple of months ago. There's lots of inspiration here on golfmk6! I plan on keeping things clean and tasteful (as I do with most of my cars).

I still have a soft spot for my subie's. However, this is an exciting new adventure for me into the VW world. My wife owns a '12 GLI w/DSG and I've been in love with it since the day she bought it.

Simple Mods:
  • H&R Super Sport springs
  • MIRO 111 18x8.5 +45 Yokohama YK580

As with most cars, it always starts with basic mods then turns into you just throwing money left and right at it :thumbsup: I figured I'd start here.

What I sold:

'09 Forester XT
  • STI suspension
  • jdm sidemarkers
  • catless turboback
  • Cobb intake
  • "Stage 2.5" open-source tuned

I'm looking forward to a pleasant stay here until I sell the car (I do this pretty frequently):thumbup:

Craig

Last edited:

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum! :)

jdmdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome to the forum! :)
Thank you!

Welcome brooo
haha. Thanks, man.

Welcome! Awesome Forester!
Thanks. I appreciate it. It was sucking the life out of me. On a good week, I was only getting about 230 miles on the tank..LOL

Welcome! Great looking car you got there!

Thanks! I love it. I cannot wait to start modding! Updated pics of the new goodies will be up soon.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That forester looked great I think you'll miss it.

The tdi ain't bad though...

jdmdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
update...

That forester looked great I think you'll miss it.

The tdi ain't bad though...

Honestly, I only miss it when the occasional S4 or GTI owner pulls up next to me at a light :happyanim:
Jokes aside, I love the TDI so far. I've put on 8K miles since October. We go everywhere in it and the GLI stays in the garage..lol

I did end up purchasing some wheels off of a nice guy on vwvortex. Pretty standard and "safe" setup for the mk6's. Although I love the look of dumped static and bagged cars as well as aggressive offsets, I cannot exactly do it with my daily driver and haul kids around. Well I could with bags but I don't have pockets that deep.

18 x 8.5 MIRO 111 w/Yokohama 580's. I ordered some "VW" overlay's for the center caps and plan on getting some cleaner looking wheel bolts.

I also customized the front and lower grille a bit. Courtesy of a members DIY on here.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Looking good! My car had the fishbowl look, it only lasted two weeks haha.

jdmdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks - Yeah, this is my first car that I've kept the fishbowl look going on. It's weird. I think if I move to darker wheels, I may tint them. Who knows.

jdmdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Updated pics..

Finally got a chance to snap a pic with the H&R's in. I set it for a functional ride height because I'm always transporting my kids to and from places :D

I've been researching tunes and dp's lately. However, my car is Certified and I really don't want to risk voiding that portion of my warranty.
Next up, I'm going to be ordering my GTI side skirt add-on's and LED tails (not sure if it'll be in that order:))​

Last edited: