GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

zVp

Go Kart Champion
ZvP - thanks for this thread!

I just purchased a 2013 GTI and added LED tail lights. Do you know if there is a code to enable inner lights at the tail lights when brakes are applied? If yes, could you please share it?

I did search it already, but I wasn't able to find anything yet.

I don't think so - there's some coding for MK7s, but I don't think there is any for MK6s that anyone has found.

Plus, it's done that way for safety reasons, I believe. If they all light up, someone can think that it's just your regular night-time lights, but if you see some sort of differentiation between the two, you'll know automatically it is the brake lights.

Renck

Ready to race!
I don't think so - there's some coding for MK7s, but I don't think there is any for MK6s that anyone has found.

Plus, it's done that way for safety reasons, I believe. If they all light up, someone can think that it's just your regular night-time lights, but if you see some sort of differentiation between the two, you'll know automatically it is the brake lights.

Gotcha! Thanks for replying back to my post.

KFahey

Ready to race!
Just got an OBDeleven dongle for my car to do some coding....my shop attempted to code my DRLs off on my halogen headlight, but now they come on when the headlights are turned on and they are off when the lights are turned off. Can anyone help me with this please? I wanted them off always but still want my highbeams to work obviously. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Been a while since there was activity here but I just was able to reference this post after upgrading my 2011 xenon headlights to these 2012+ LED DRL headlights. Is it me, or are the LEDs in this video a deeper shade of blue? Mine are literally white. I just added deautoLED 5500K xenon D1S bulbs to these new headlights and now I feel like the headlights are too blue vs. the LED DRLs. There aren't any VagCom settings for color/brightness of the LED DRLs right?

LED DRL Dim when Turn Signal Active
Thanks to CrzyP at http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ing-tweaks&p=75668102&viewfull=1#post75668102

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Changing Instrument to Rest of World (RoW)

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 17-Instruments button

Click on Coding- 07 button

Click on the Long Coding Helper button

In Byte 0 under Bit 4-7, click the drop-down menu and select 10 Country: Rest of World (RoW)

Save your settings.

NOTE: This will change some things such as chime when door is open, light sensor sensitivity and others to non-USA/Canada requirements/recommendations. I am not sure what they are, so please use caution.

Things I've noticed on my 2012 Canadian Spec GTI is the following:
1) When you forget to turn off your lights when your key is out of the ignition and the door is open, it only chimes 4-5 times or so and there is no more chime. The default is the chime is continuous until you shut off the lights.

2) The RNS-510 system does not shut off when you turn off the car with the keys still in the ignition. This will not work with the RNS-315 since it is controlled by another module, I believe.

3) The light sensor sensitivity is greater than default. I am not sure if this is a placebo effect or not, but it is something I've noticed.

Changing DRL Inactive when Turn Signal Active

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 09-Cent. Elect. button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Click on the Long Code Helper button

Click on Byte 15 and check mark Bit 3 - Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) inactive when Turn Signal active

NOTE: Your LED DRLs will dim when the turn signal is active and turn back to full brightness when turn signals are inactive. However, this will not work if you are on parking lights mode (since during parking light mode, the LED DRLs dim anyway).

Jax.S1585

ZvP - thanks for this thread!

I just purchased a 2013 GTI and added LED tail lights. Do you know if there is a code to enable inner lights at the tail lights when brakes are applied? If yes, could you please share it?

I did search it already, but I wasn't able to find anything yet.
I know this is a really late response…but I’m trying to figure this out too. Just got some new LED tails for my Mk6 R20 and desperately want the inner tails to illuminate on braking. I’ve done an insane amount of digging and came across this thread:

https://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/tba...heckleuchten-beim-bremsen-aktiv-t5216235.html

(granted it’s in German…I just translated the sections I wanted to see.) This process appears to use Vag Can Pro (VCP) to dump the BCM EEPROM to a configuration file where you’d then need to modify the individual light settings (including enabling the inner tails). My issue is that I only have “OBDeleven” and it does not have EEPROM capability at the moment.

Can anyone confirm this on VCP?