GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Dyno Results @ HPA Motorsports**

siagolf

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Spent the morning with Marcel @ HPA Motorsports for a dyno session and get a baseline from which to measure any future mods against. For a description of HPA's dyno facilities, check out this link: http://www.hpamotorsports.com/hpadyno.htm

HPA uses a SuperFlow Chassis Dyno, which provides dynos and other equipment to NASCAR, the Military, and such OEM's as BMW, Hyundai, Toyota, Honda etc. around the world. Google SuperFlow dynos to find out why SuperFlow is widely considered the best and most accurate dyno out there without using "fudge-factors" or over-inflating their numbers like other manufacturers.

RESULTS

4th Gear Engine/Crank HP and TQ

Columns 2 and 3 are the corrected engine HP and TQ figures. Columns 4 and 5 are raw, uncorrected values. Column 6 shows the correction factor applied to the raw figures to get the corrected engine HP and TQ. The row at the very bottom has all the max numbers.

...and the graph...

4th Gear Wheel HP and TQ

Columns 2 and 3 are the corrected engine HP and TQ figures. Columns 4 and 5 are raw, uncorrected values. The AFR can be found in the last column. The row at the very bottom has all the max numbers.

...and the graph...

As always, all feedback, comments, questions etc. welcome! :)

r56mcs

Ready to race!
So the wheel power after APR stage 1 on his car is only 210hp. I wonder what the baseline was. Probably around 180hp?

r56mcs

Ready to race!
Other people with APR stage 1 usually report about 230~235hp at the wheels. 210hp is the lowest I have seen so far.

siagolf

Ready to race!
Other people with APR stage 1 usually report about 230~235hp at the wheels. 210hp is the lowest I have seen so far.

i don't want to turn this thread into a "SuperFlow vs. Other-Dyno-Manufacturer" thread, but the dyno you use (along with many other factors like calibration, ambient conditions etc.) all impact your results. Dyno accuracy, "fudge factors" that some manufacturers apply, and the mathematic equations behind it all have been discussed to death -- Google it and you'll see what I mean.

But hey, I could be unlucky and got a lemon build from the factory...although after driving a number of other MK6 GTI's (stock, stage 1, stage 2) it definitely doesn't feel that way.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
It all depends on the variables of the dyno and the conditions of the test.

I, for example, dynoed 150whp on a Mustang Dyno stock. According to the guy, that's on par with other GTIs they have tested with a (25% correction factor) put in. This dyno is notorious for reading low - Stage II MkV GTI's were reading about 190hp.

Siagolf, I'm interested in how much the dyno time at HPA cost you - I want to re-dyno my car at Stage I, and this way we can measure our results against each other for a somewhat enlarged data pool, haha.

Stein357

Ready to race!
It depends on the dyno. My car made 200whp stock and 230whp after APR Stage I ECU and Intake. The 30whp gain is what's important.

siagolf

Ready to race!
It depends on the dyno. My car made 200whp stock and 230whp after APR Stage I ECU and Intake. The 30whp gain is what's important.

+1 -- the delta is what's important

It all depends on the variables of the dyno and the conditions of the test.

I, for example, dynoed 150whp on a Mustang Dyno stock. According to the guy, that's on par with other GTIs they have tested with a (25% correction factor) put in. This dyno is notorious for reading low - Stage II MkV GTI's were reading about 190hp.

Siagolf, I'm interested in how much the dyno time at HPA cost you - I want to re-dyno my car at Stage I, and this way we can measure our results against each other for a somewhat enlarged data pool, haha.

I know what place you're referring to, and a "25% correction factor" is insane...it's the type of "fudging" and uncertainty that I'm trying to avoid hence going with HPA and their properly configured and operated SuperFlow. PM sent for the details.

For shits and giggles, I'm tempted to bring it in to Resnick who has a Dynojet and see what #'s I get, and if they align closer to Stein's.