GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*Concerning News about APR Flash* Need to get this cleared up.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
arent you already bluefin stage2?

didnt you just go stage2?

yeh but gotta get the stage 3 apr tune when i get the stage 3 apr kit now don't i haha

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
I actually heard that if I wanted to switch from APR to a GIAC tune or other tunes... Having APR doesn't allow thus unless you pay the dealer to wipe and reflash the ecu first prior to loading other software.

well form my understanding other companies except APR just redo the tune ie. change the timing etc etc. You cna plug this tuning thing into the car and see exactly what they did with timings etc. GIAC, Revo, bluefin etc etc

But with APR you can't read anything from them at all. You need a unique APR software.

Don't know what they have to hide but yeh. I just was curious lol

Guy_H

Ready to race!
Hey Kevin,

Just read your first post, its pretty funny - let me know who the "reliable source" is via PM please, would love to know.

Anyway, we have a couple of thousand happy APR GTI owners around the country here, majority of them dealer serviced (Including several stage 3 ones too). All dealer diagnostics work fine, and the dealer (and any good tuner) can reflash over flashed tunes.

Some dealers don't have the technical ability (or equipment) to do this, but thats another subject all together

If you need to know anything, feel free to drop us a line 1300 730 949

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I've heard from a reliable source APR will sleep with your mother if you try to reflash with a competitor.

Guy_H

Ready to race!
I've heard from a reliable source APR will sleep with your mother if you try to reflash with a competitor.

I love this thread, it gets funnier by the minute, keep them coming, its almost beer o'clock & we want some new ones before we go home! :lol:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

rigti9

Ready to race!

:lol: how do you think they decide who gets to bare that burden?!

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Additionally, once your GTI is Stage 3 your radio will stop functioning and the windows will go up and down without warning.

Just wanted to let you guys know.