GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2012 GTI Autobahn - Black

thatfrenchman

I'm one month in with my GTI, and I'm still falling more deeply in love with it every day.

New to the forum and not sure if this is the right place to post them, but I thought I'd share the results of some shots I recently took.

RallyPunx

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice plate, but I would blur the actual numbers If I were you. You'd be surprise what people can do with a complete license plate number matched to your profile. You can't be too careful these days.

thatfrenchman

Nice plate, but I would blur the actual numbers If I were you. You'd be surprise what people can do with a complete license plate number matched to your profile. You can't be too careful these days.

I thought about that, but then figured there's nothing more public and able to be seen everywhere as a license plate. What can one gather with just that and a location?

Elmexicano

Ready to race!
Hah. Myplates.com. It's a beautiful Texas thing.

Yeah I'm in Texas as well! Those plates are awesome I've been thinking about changing them to these on my R but they are too expensive! $550 for 5 years! It's kind of a big hit if you pay it in advance. Awesome GTI btw looking good!

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup: like the serrons. And the license plate! Good shots...

thatfrenchman

What % tints do you have?

I'm not sure actually. When I agreed on the car and price, they were having to get it from another dealership. When it arrived, they weren't aware that the dealer had already done the tint, and I told them I didn't agree to pay for the tint, so I essentially got it for free.

thatfrenchman

Yeah I'm in Texas as well! Those plates are awesome I've been thinking about changing them to these on my R but they are too expensive! $550 for 5 years! It's kind of a big hit if you pay it in advance. Awesome GTI btw looking good!
Yeah I paid the $200 for 3 years.. The way I sold it to myself was the fact that the dealership paid for all the registrations fees since it was a new car (I'm fairly new to TX, so didn't know that was a thing. It's an awesome thing.)

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
The plates are sexy.....goes nice with the car :w00t:

Elmexicano

Ready to race!
Yeah I paid the $200 for 3 years.. The way I sold it to myself was the fact that the dealership paid for all the registrations fees since it was a new car (I'm fairly new to TX, so didn't know that was a thing. It's an awesome thing.)

Yeah for sure, and it is cheaper the way you did it just getting a random numbers on the plate rather than getting a personalized thing like: GOLFR