GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilover kit decision

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
Just so those with V3s are comforted, at 25" FTG, it is well within the guidelines for lowering in the manual.

Front:
They give a measurement from the center of the strut pinch bolt to the lower spring seating surface of 205mm (8.07") minimum (lowest) and 235mm (9.25"" maximum (highest). They also give a center of axle bolt to fender measurement of 320mm (12.6").

Rear:
They give a measurement from the top of the collar, to the spring seating surface of 12mm (0.47") minimum (lowest) and 32mm (1.26") maximum (highest). Their center of axle bolt to fender measurement is 325mm (12.8").

My only question is the 2 sets of measurements. The range of drop and the axle bolt to fender. Obviously if you are some places in the range, you will not match the axle/fender measurement.

I will be calling KW on Tuesday to see what they say.

If you want to go really low, the KW line (and PSS10s too) are not for you.

Turbo t1

Passed Driver's Ed
Another update. I took the rear shocks out and turned the rebound to full stiff to match the rest of the car. (took about an hour total. You can remove the shock by itself, 2 bolts up top, one on the bottom.

I also double checked the KW manual for ride heights, and while I was easily within their guidelines as is, I did end up raising the front 2 turns on the passenger side and 3 on the drivers.

I haven't driven it since i adjusted the rear rebound, but I'll post up when I do.

Ok that doesn't sound too difficult to do. Do you torque the bolts up to a specific level? And how does the car feel with front and back on full stiff?

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
Ok that doesn't sound too difficult to do. Do you torque the bolts up to a specific level? And how does the car feel with front and back on full stiff?

I am sure they have tq specs, I do it until they are tight.

Just got back from a long drive on some HORRIBLE roads, and DAMN is it stiff.

Way too stiff for daily driving, but it really handles great. I don't have times or actual numbers, but the turn in, reaction time and feel is greatly increased from 50%.

If I were you, I'd try it at 50% f/r c/r for a daily, and maybe stiffer if you don't drive it every day.

Turbo t1

Passed Driver's Ed
I am sure they have tq specs, I do it until they are tight.

Just got back from a long drive on some HORRIBLE roads, and DAMN is it stiff.

Way too stiff for daily driving, but it really handles great. I don't have times or actual numbers, but the turn in, reaction time and feel is greatly increased from 50%.

If I were you, I'd try it at 50% f/r c/r for a daily, and maybe stiffer if you don't drive it every day.

Excellent, thanks again, you're a big help!