GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

recognized1's 2011 GTI Build Thread

MattBurgess

Passed Driver's Ed
It's not plasti-dip if that is what you are thinking. I had some spray paint leftover from when I painted my epass a few years back that specializes in plastic.

No, I was thinking that special plastic paint that's made by krylon or duplicolor . I forgot the name, h20 or something.

aregister

Ready to race!
Rolled out with The Euro Alliance to Winterfest 2015 at Sebring International Raceway.

More pics can be found HERE and a couple a vids I have posted up on my IG.
Probably already been asked, but how do you get your stance like that? The rear is so high. .. even with my perches maxed out I can't even hope to be that high in the back vs. the front

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
No, I was thinking that special plastic paint that's made by krylon or duplicolor . I forgot the name, h20 or something.

I used Krylon Fusion

Probably already been asked, but how do you get your stance like that? The rear is so high. .. even with my perches maxed out I can't even hope to be that high in the back vs. the front

Koni coilovers are known to sit high. I have my perch installed but only two threads left on the rear. The first picture exaggerates the height because I am taking a corner. I am sure I have pictures in this thread where the rear sits higher for my dragstrip days.

Also, my rear has never had any significant weight placed on it. The only rear seat passengers this car has had are my 60lbs 7 year old son and my 4 month old daughter. I have never hauled anything heavier than my son in the back.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
I have not done much recently with the car because I am in the fence about selling it. So if you know anyone who might be interested spread the word.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Day one of SoWo prep

DSG 40k service
Oil and filter changed
Fuel Filter replaced
New NGK spark plugs
Rotated tires
Cleaned valves
APR DSG software updated to v1.5

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Love your build man.

I'm thinking about getting the same downpipe your running but don't want to run catless and want to customize it.

Is this basically what you had done with the cat welded in? Same location?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5956210-Cheap-downpipe-with-magnaflow-cat-review

Thanks for the info.

Thanks. Yes basically that is what I did. For being stage 2 it was the best move to add some back pressure to the K03 since going 3 inch system all the way.

pioneercrazed

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. Yes basically that is what I did. For being stage 2 it was the best move to add some back pressure to the K03 since going 3 inch system all the way.

Thanks for the info.

Did you get it welded in at a shop? If so, do you remember roughly how much it cost? I've got a local exhaust and can't imagine him wanting more than $30-40 to do it since I'll have it done before I install it in the car.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info.

Did you get it welded in at a shop? If so, do you remember roughly how much it cost? I've got a local exhaust and can't imagine him wanting more than $30-40 to do it since I'll have it done before I install it in the car.

Yes, I was only charged $35.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
I cant believe its been over 6 months since I have updated this thread. I haven't done much though. If anything I went backwards by removing the lightweight battery and the wife did some minor damage to one of my wheels. I recently went to FixxFest 12 and did some runs.

Here was my best run.

Considering how humid it was and the DA being over 1600, I was ok with it :)

Here is a cool slow motion video of me warming up the tires. Shot by Sheldon Willis.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Went back to the track last week. Struggled with my launches which cost me getting into the 12.5 territory on at least one of my runs. Still happy she can lay down the power though.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Took the car out to the track last weekend. My first run I broke the K03 record again and my second run I broke my DSG:word:

Official support mod list:

APR Stage 2 ECU Upgrade on 100 Octane tune
APR Stage 1 DSG Tune
APR Carbonio Stage 1 CAI w/ AEM Dryflow Air Filter
APR Intercooler
Koni Coilovers
Godspeed Downpipe with Mandrel Bend Solutions 200 Cell Cat
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe
Neuspeed Air Charge Pipe
BFI Stage 1 Torque Engine Mount Insert
034 Motorsport Street Density Engine & Transmission Mount