GOLFMKV

COBB Intake review

92slc

Passed Driver's Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks really good [emoji106][emoji106]

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Op how are you liking the intake? I have a cts turbo intake but after seeing the install of the Cobb intake on YouTube I was amazed at how well constructed it is.

I love it and no complaints. Everyone at the meet this past weekend was impressed as well. Looks really cool.

Plus I have seen a great pick up in MAF readings over the carbonio.

92slc

Passed Driver's Ed
I wasn't gonna even consider getting it since I have one already but after seen it I must say wow it sure is impressive
Plus it's now carb legal and it hooks up to the Ccba secondary hose instead of just giving you a filter with some zip ties

Last edited:

aspirollari

Ready to race!
The stage 1 Cobb tune can be used with any intake. The stage 1+ and 2 is for the 3" maf Cobb intake.

The AccessPort is the best reason to go COBB! I will cover that in an additional review.

would you be able to use any intake if youre going with a custom tune using the AP from cobb?

derek131

Passed Driver's Ed
I would assume yes but be careful if you run anything other than ots stage 1
all the others are based on their intake with 3" maf.
Once you are protuned anything will work

aspirollari

Ready to race!
I would assume yes but be careful if you run anything other than ots stage 1
all the others are based on their intake with 3" maf.
Once you are protuned anything will work

yea thats what i thought. What are the dangers of running stage 2 without their intake? Just a check engine light or something more serious?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
yea thats what i thought. What are the dangers of running stage 2 without their intake? Just a check engine light or something more serious?

Maybe some weird fuel trims. But most people that ive seen that are running stage 2 without cobbs intake arent having any issues.

Just the potential for your intake to not play nice..

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
I agree there are several people using aftermarket intakes. We would have to get some data logs from them to find out how the tune reacts to the smaller maf.

hungti75

Passed Driver's Ed
How did you guys get CARB stickers for this intake?
It's NOT CARB certified, I just talked to someone at Cobb and they confirmed it.

They're gonna make a carb exempt intake later on, but not at this point in time.
Only way to be smog legal is to retain the stock MAF housing which the Cobb SF intake doesn't.