GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5 Build Your Own Intake?

nice creativity, but your intake wont do much good.

mostly because of all the curves and bends. It will mess up the airflow.

So then the carbonio should not do any good with all those curves and bends lol.

Having one bend will not affect anything. I'm willing to bet it makes the same power as a p-flo or any other intake. Now if it was like the stock setup then I would agree with you. If we had a maf then I
could agree since it would disturb the airflow around the sensor if it was placed right before the maf. Since we don't, its not really that important.

The stock manifold takes care of messing up the airflow lol.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
This is old post but wondering if anyone can answer me this...i plan on making this set up (just cut the stock piece and add 90 degree elbow with filter). I notice in the picture there is no MAF. I have a 2011 golf 2.5 and i have a MAF or something at the top where the air comes in before it goes into the engine cover, so would I just relocate that to the throttle body area before i put the elbow?

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
This is old post but wondering if anyone can answer me this...i plan on making this set up (just cut the stock piece and add 90 degree elbow with filter). I notice in the picture there is no MAF. I have a 2011 golf 2.5 and i have a MAF or something at the top where the air comes in before it goes into the engine cover, so would I just relocate that to the throttle body area before i put the elbow?

2011 2.5 does not have a MAF
there should be no sensors on the intake piping.
if there are, you have the 150hp engine out of a 06-08 rabbit, which means it would have been swapped before you got it
you shouldnt change the location of any MAF sensor unless it has been researched and tested. youll screw up a whole bunch of stuff and the engine wont like it

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Then what is that? The thing that is circled? and do i need to move it to make a short ram intake?

Attachments

• 123np04.jpg
    123np04.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 138

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
my car has something like that but there is no plug sticking out of it it is all flush with the plastic piping

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
This is what my engine looks like...This is what im talking about. what is that and do i need to move it?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 141

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
This is what my engine looks like...This is what im talking about. what is that and do i need to move it?

that's just a plastic flange to hold the plastic piping in place.
a MAF would have wiring coming out of it

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
anytime!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
When I saw "Build your own Intake" you had me going but it was short lived, I already have a P Flow and playing with my intake manifold.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Ya MLue1 I wanted to get a p-flow or something along the lines of that but i cant see to spend 300+. i got everything in the picture for under 100 Canadian (coupler, elbow and filter). Trying to save up to lower my car in the spring. From my research I'm seeing its gonna be expensive.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
When I saw "Build your own Intake" you had me going but it was short lived, I already have a P Flow and playing with my intake manifold.

What do you meant by playing with your intake manifold, are you planning to design your own manifold, if yes I would be interested ^^ IE is expensive since I have to buy their intake kit too...

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Ya I'm just tinkering with one I got from a dismantler as a hobby.

IMO the IE Short Runner Intake looks great and uses flow dynamics to design the bellmouths and plenum shape but the runner lengths are too short accourding to foumulas used to design intake runners.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Ya I'm just tinkering with one I got from a dismantler as a hobby.

IMO the IE Short Runner Intake looks great and uses flow dynamics to design the bellmouths and plenum shape but the runner lengths are too short accourding to foumulas used to design intake runners.

Nice hobby, I wish I would have the capacities to design my own :(

I have thought about something, I could sell my borla cat-back, my stock downpipe, my intake and my stock tail lights. I would put back the stock cat-back and I would buy the IE SRI Manifold and the intake kit.

Again with their intake kit, I could have an issue with this hose (the one with the two clamps) :

Because I have installed a vacuum pump delete kit:

I also don't know if it could be possible to adapt my current intake to the SRI.

Also, on this forum is there a BBcode for spoiler ? If not, there is a HTML for a spoiler tag which work on vBulletin 3.7.X : https://www.sciax2.it/forum/threads/bbcode-per-spoiler-per-vbulletin-3-7x.145416/ (It's a spanish website, but there is the code.) I don't know who are the admins on this forum, but a spoiler tag could be nice for the forum ;)

Last edited:

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
anyone know the part number for the stock intake tube that gets cut? The one guy said he got it from ebay but didnt list a part number. Googling "mk6 2.5 golf intake tube" doesnt seem to help me out.