GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Okay, so in regards to the Roll Up/Down with Key. After checking the correct bit and byte, go into your MDI and make sure BOTH is selected. If not, only one side will roll down.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Which ones?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The 2 in the middle above the mirror.
Those ones [emoji116]

wrightwinger

All ice forms at below 32F, black ice included. It CAN stay after the air warms up if the roadway is still below freezing. Being from Chicago it would be very useful to me to know when the temp falls below freezing. My driving aproach changes when its possible ice is around. I drive more slowly and carefully with a softer touch on the brakes and gas. WHen I'm driving to work in the morning and the sun isn't up yet, knowing when the outside temperature drops below freezing is useful. Being in the Seattle area temps can change radically with changes in altitude, which happen just driving around in the area. Just driving in to work last week the outside temp varied from 39 to below freezing and back over the 18 miles to work.
An alarm at 33 or 34 would be useful. THis is my first car with an outside temp indicator and I find it vey useful this time of year. I just find that bonging at 39 F to be so high that it becomes a nuisance alarm that gets ignored.

The problem with the 39 degrees is alarm, is some of us live in actual winterland with a garage.

so its dark always when i drive for half the year.
my garage is warm.
so every single effen time i drive my car, its dark, my eyes just get adjusted to the road, i'm about a mile from home and DING BRIGHT LIGHTS COMING FROM THE DASH TO REMIND ME ITS WINTER AND TO KILL MY NIGHT VISION! meanwhile the ding has already made me think something is dreadfully wrong with the car.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I leave the house for half the year.

its actually anti-safety.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I agree its annoying. Maybe csn be coded. Never checked. And it does sound like a warning something is broken sound.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Completely agree. My car is garaged as well and I have to listen to than 39 degree "winter" ding quite often.

zrickety

The Fixer

nik

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know how to do the "5 brake light" mod if it is VCDS capable on the mk6? All I can find is either mk7 or in a foreign language for the mk6.
You can see the difference between stock and modded at 38 seconds and 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxaMOpSSU-Q

dlysergis

I just upgraded my HPFP in my mk6 Golf R. I was told by a shop that vag com could be used to set the car up for the upgraded pump. They are a custom tuning shop that doesn't use out of the box tunes. Is there any vag com modifications that can take place after an upgraded fuel pump is installed to take advantage of the extra fuel delivery? The car is already stage 2 with REVO. Has down pipe.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
I just upgraded my HPFP in my mk6 Golf R. I was told by a shop that vag com could be used to set the car up for the upgraded pump. They are a custom tuning shop that doesn't use out of the box tunes. Is there any vag com modifications that can take place after an upgraded fuel pump is installed to take advantage of the extra fuel delivery? The car is already stage 2 with REVO. Has down pipe.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I’m just curious because I haven’t used REVO, but why wouldn’t you use the 70% customer loyalty upgrade option? According to REVO’s site, their Stage 2+ software takes advantage of the upgraded HPFP. Unless my math is way off (and it might be), the upgrade would cost $180.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Since updating to the APR 2.4 file, I no longer have a rev limiter while in neutral (6MT). It used to be around 4k RPM and can now rev to redline. I actually liked it when it had the 4k limiter in neutral. Is there a VCDS setting to change that back?