GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best catback

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
What catback are you guys running? i have an oem catback connected to an armed motorsports hi flow catted downpipe for reference.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
custom

paid less than $200 and have no regrets.

What are the specs on yours? 3inch? Any resonators?

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
2.5 from DP end all the way back. Can't recall which muffler because it was the shop's brand.

* no highway drone
* no leaks
* no raspy sound
* no resonator

I'm running a catless DP as well.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
2.5 from DP end all the way back. Can't recall which muffler because it was the shop's brand.

* no highway drone

* no leaks

* no raspy sound

* no resonator

I'm running a catless DP as well.

Any vids? I’m really going for a nice exotic deep tone I’d say

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Sorry I don't. Let me try to upload some pics...

That’d be greatly appreciated man [emoji1303]

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have beluga racing. It was ~$500 for the turbo back. The cat-back itself i think is like ~$350.
I rode around a couple months only catback and it was nice. Mated perfectly to stock DP. It has 2 mufflers, not sure the brand didnt really look. But it had a deeper tone yet quiet when not on it to much. With just the catback i could get some pops and gurgles if i tried (more so when i wasnt trying lol) The catback by itself was no drone it was just deeper/ a little more basey.

When i put the downpipe on (catless non resonated(so straight pipe)) it gave me lots of pops and gurgle. a good deep idle tone but not to much just enough to know its not stock, cold starts the deep tone its more noticeable. When getting on it and ripping the gears it is loud AF and quite basey but just cruising it has a deep tone not raspy or basey. When you get on it though i will admit it probably would be to basey/vibrationy for some people i dont mind it. I only started to really notice highway drone at about 75-80mph. It isnt to bad until about 85mph+ then its can be a little annoying.
With your catted downpipe though this would probably not be so basey or have as much vibrations as the cat will cut down on that some. Im basically straight piped until the mufflers at the end. Their catback is 2.5" and mates to stock downpipe so as long as your downpipe mates to the stock catback they will be compatible.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
I have beluga racing. It was ~$500 for the turbo back. The cat-back itself i think is like ~$350.
I rode around a couple months only catback and it was nice. Mated perfectly to stock DP. It has 2 mufflers, not sure the brand didnt really look. But it had a deeper tone yet quiet when not on it to much. With just the catback i could get some pops and gurgles if i tried (more so when i wasnt trying lol) The catback by itself was no drone it was just deeper/ a little more basey.

When i put the downpipe on (catless non resonated(so straight pipe)) it gave me lots of pops and gurgle. a good deep idle tone but not to much just enough to know its not stock, cold starts the deep tone its more noticeable. When getting on it and ripping the gears it is loud AF and quite basey but just cruising it has a deep tone not raspy or basey. When you get on it though i will admit it probably would be to basey/vibrationy for some people i dont mind it. I only started to really notice highway drone at about 75-80mph. It isnt to bad until about 85mph+ then its can be a little annoying.
With your catted downpipe though this would probably not be so basey or have as much vibrations as the cat will cut down on that some. Im basically straight piped until the mufflers at the end. Their catback is 2.5" and mates to stock downpipe so as long as your downpipe mates to the stock catback they will be compatible.

Thanks man! I do want a deeper tone more than anything and I️t sounds like to me your setup does that. I could possibly cut out the cat and get the bass sound and more pops and gurgles ?

Noodle1

Ready to race!
get a resonator delete if you want to sound like a tractor. thats what I did lol

CHerna

Ready to race!
I have a 3" eurojet turboback. I love it but do wish it was a little louder.

Also have a almost new awe track catback for sale if anyone in chicago happens to see this...

x2

I have the Eurojet TBE. I love it.