GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
This might have already been addressed, but how does staging work with Stratified tunes? There's no options for anything intake/downpipe related on the order page of the website, so it's fairly unclear. Does he just email you once you buy and you tell him your mods and he builds the file for you based on that?

What about changes after the fact? If I add a downpipe after getting the initial "stage 1+" tune, does getting a file optimized for having a downpipe fall under a "datalog refinement" for $50, or is it an email request and he just sends you the appropriate off-the-shelf file for "stage 2"?

Laimface

Ready to race!
This might have already been addressed, but how does staging work with Stratified tunes? There's no options for anything intake/downpipe related on the order page of the website, so it's fairly unclear. Does he just email you once you buy and you tell him your mods and he builds the file for you based on that?

What about changes after the fact? If I add a downpipe after getting the initial "stage 1+" tune, does getting a file optimized for having a downpipe fall under a "datalog refinement" for $50, or is it an email request and he just sends you the appropriate off-the-shelf file for "stage 2"?

It's all based on your car. You say what mods you have on the order form and you get amap that's as close as possible to right. You can then refine with data logs.

Adding a downpipe needs more work as O2 sensors need readiness checks turning off to stop the engine light from turning on etc.

If in doubt, email / call them!

ksandman

Ready to race!

When you purchase the tube you fill out a form stating your modifications.

If you add mods later, you go back and ask for a re-tune for the mods which will cost a little extra to retune.

No stage 1 stage 2 stuff. All based on your particular mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Still waiting on Cobb to support my car before i can get on this tune *insert tear drop*

Laimface

Ready to race!
Still waiting on Cobb to support my car before i can get on this tune *insert tear drop*

Yeah they need to employ more software engineers, their lead times are atrocious... They only seem to be able to focus on 1 thing at a time AKA Mk7

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Yeah they need to employ more software engineers, their lead times are atrocious... They only seem to be able to focus on 1 thing at a time AKA Mk7

I paid money for something I expected to atlesst work with my car!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
might as well wait for the mk8 by now. Its got to be past mid model year they already refreshed the look so there's maybe another 2 years before the new line will drop.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Does anyone in here have a dsg with a tcu tune and have you run into any complications using Cobb as your ecu tuning software?

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Does anyone in here have a dsg with a tcu tune and have you run into any complications using Cobb as your ecu tuning software?

I would let you know as i have APR DSG tune..but the cobb AP still not compatible with my car until further update from Cobb.

Possibly will know by summer >_> unless someone else can chime in til then.

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed

I run a Unitronic stage 2 TCU tune on mine, am 5 revisions through a stratified protune. No issues either.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Awesome thanks for the feed back. I am upgrading my turbo soon and have been stressing about mix matching ecu and tcu companies for tuning but it seems I should be g2g!

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Just flashed to the stratified 93 tune - completely stock - and I'm getting some weird behaviour. AFR seems to be 'stuck' at 14.7, but I'm not sure what that means. Stratified says that's a wideband sensor issue, but just came off the OTS COBB 93 tune and that had no issues. I might flash back and check it. Also had some weird stuttering under WOT, but it was smooth. Sort of like taking 20% throttle off and back on again in a smooth motion.

Any ideas what that could be?

ksandman

Ready to race!
Just flashed to the stratified 93 tune - completely stock - and I'm getting some weird behaviour. AFR seems to be 'stuck' at 14.7, but I'm not sure what that means. Stratified says that's a wideband sensor issue, but just came off the OTS COBB 93 tune and that had no issues. I might flash back and check it. Also had some weird stuttering under WOT, but it was smooth. Sort of like taking 20% throttle off and back on again in a smooth motion.

Any ideas what that could be?

How many miles are on your car? Do you have original coil packs and spark plugs? Are your plugs gapped accordingly? It could be a number of things but it’s good to start with those. Maybe bad gas? If you have a bad afr sensor I’m sure it would throw things off. Switching back to the the ots map probably isn’t a bad idea either until things get sorted out.