GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR intake doesn't fit correctly?

quickit

Ready to race!
So I went ahead and spent a ridiculous amount of money for the VWR intake for my R only to be really disappointed with the fit and finish.

First off the damn think had minor dings on the filter cylinder even though it was properly protected in the original box and never opened that I could tell. So someone at the factory just packaged a dinged up unit. Not to mention there was filter snot all over the cylinder and the bag it came in. That shit is a bitch to clean off. (Not a huge deal but pissed me off)

So I finally go ahead and start the install and notice how little room there is for tubing to fit between the battery box and engine. Especially when I try to line up the tubing into the support bracket provided. Now I have tubes and other stuff rubbing everywhere against the intake. And finally, the damn ram air part of the intake doesn't really line up correctly without forcing the intake towards the engine.

I know when installing an intake you have to tweak the alignment a little to get everything to line up but even after doing so, I feel like the whole intake is stressed and that any engine rocking under acceleration will cause issues. Also, I get a rubbing and rattling noise ever since the intake has been installed. :mad0259:

Anyone encounter an issue with the VWR intake fit??? Any suggestions:iono:
WTF

(On a side note, I have worked on my own cars VWs for over 20 years and I have installed plenty of mods that are much more difficult to install then this.)

SworksR20

Passed Driver's Ed
After doing some research I quickly saw how much of a piece of shit that intake is. Can't believe anyone would give money for one. Forge TwinTake, EVOMS, etc. So many better units out there.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
After doing some research I quickly saw how much of a piece of shit that intake is. Can't believe anyone would give money for one. Forge TwinTake, EVOMS, etc. So many better units out there.

It's not a POS by any stretch, mine fits just fine. At first I had an issue like the OP but I adjusted it and it went away.

I've written about it before, the VWR intake has some nice features on it that nobody else includes (bracket w/ strap and stepped silicone hose).

P

plac

It's not a POS by any stretch, mine fits just fine. At first I had an issue like the OP but I adjusted it and it went away.

I've written about it before, the VWR intake has some nice features on it that nobody else includes (bracket w/ strap and stepped silicone hose).

ya i like that strap FO SHO.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....

Your opinion kind of flew out the window when you mentioned the twintake.

Billy G

You forgot to add CTS Turbo.

20 min. and the thing was on. Hardest part was removing the engine cover! No muss, no fuss. Perfect fit! Functionality boys......It not only looks good, IT WORKS! ;)

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
so what is it with forge stuff that everyone is talking shit about?
I'm curious. can someone point me to the right thread?(if there is one)
I searched quiet a bit and didnt get much info

tman1

Ready to race!
so what is it with forge stuff that everyone is talking shit about?
I'm curious. can someone point me to the right thread?(if there is one)
I searched quiet a bit and didnt get much info

Twintake is all you need to look for. Prepare for mind to be blown!

Have you seen Dr. Octopus from Spiderman? Well, it's like a little Dr. Octopus in your engine bay.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
zomg plastic covered intake with racing flag on it. Peppering my angus as we speak.

Lulz I like my angus with warm pink in the middle.