GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI, Loving the Small Things

Dee1

Passed Driver's Ed
I love my new GTI for the big thing, the main thing -- how it drives, hugs the road, accelerates swiftly.

But I also love a lot of small things.

Here are two:

• When I press the "mute" button, that doesn't just shut off the sound, it's also a "pause" button. So when I press it again, my music comes back on right where it was (except the radio of course).
  • When the car is locked, but I go to the hatch to get something, the hatch automatically locks again when I shut it.
What are the small things you love about your GTI?

Dave, who also loves the compact switchblade key which his previous car an Acura TSX did not have

Last edited:

shahabdin

Ready to race!

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
I like how the turn signal lever is as long as the wheel so I can easily reach it, not like other cars I drove.

a/c vents for the rear passengers. For a small car: very nice.

the black non-mouse fur headliner

the arm rest adjustability

lots more... but can't think right now

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
I like how the only time i have to actually take the key out of my pocket it is to lock the doors unless there is something about that I don't know.

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
I love how the HID's do their dance everytime the car starts. Gets me everytime.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
I love how the HID's do their dance everytime the car starts. Gets me everytime.

I like this too. I tend to impress everyone at work with that one. :lol:

Junk307

Passed Driver's Ed
opening the hood - all cars should be this easy

jbbrann

- I particularly like the way rear seat access works on the two door, including the sliding lower seatbelt attachment point.
- The ability to turn on the radio without the key on.
- Most of all, the attention to detail: for example, the mesh behind the front emblem. A lot of other manufacturers would have cheaped out on stuff like that and made it a solid piece.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
I like how the only time i have to actually take the key out of my pocket it is to lock the doors unless there is something about that I don't know.

I assume you're talking about the KESSY system? If it's anything like other systems I've used, you must not know something... (ie. there usually is a way to lock the car and arm the security system without touching your key)