GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Info on the New MK7 Golf R (300hp)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Didn't I already say that months ago? R will have same chassis and driveline as S3. No more manuals.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

You can get the with manual or DSG in germany... Not sure why we wouldn't get either choice... unless they fuck with us here.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Aint she a beaut. Certainly seems tantalizing .

But still cannot see myself in another VW after this one.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Didn't I already say that months ago? R will have same chassis and driveline as S3. No more manuals.

I've heard that they may bring both trans, but this is unconfirmed word of mouth via a dealership owner straight from a VW "meeting".

You can get the with manual or DSG in germany... Not sure why we wouldn't get either choice... unless they fuck with us here.

They've used excuses such as certification for the transmission among other things.

Aint she a beaut. Certainly seems tantalizing .

But still cannot see myself in another VW after this one.

I hear ya. I sometimes think the same thing, but I dunno.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yep makes perfect VW sense since they already certify the AWD DSG in the A3, so getting that certified in the Current R was a complete nightmare I am sure... given that they are the same car :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They aren't bringing manuals for A3 or S3 and nobody bought the Golf R manual so there is no reason to believe we will get a manual R.

What do you mean no one bought the Golf R manual?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
They aren't bringing manuals for A3 or S3 and nobody bought the Golf R manual so there is no reason to believe we will get a manual R.

well, very good educated guess there... unless.. the R stays the manual, the S3 remains only DSG.. hmm.... that would separate them more.

Yep makes perfect VW sense since they already certify the AWD DSG in the A3, so getting that certified in the Current R was a complete nightmare I am sure... given that they are the same car :laugh:

not sure if serious.

But that has been the excuse given on tex by VW peeps for a few years now, when I actually used to go on there and actually thought about getting an R before they even came over. We don't know all the ins and outs of importing cars here, do we? :rolleyes: To the gov't, they are not the same car, I'd imagine.

What do you mean no one bought the Golf R manual?

by "no one bought the R" , he means, "after the first 6months they gave them away at steep discounts" to move them.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Outgoing R and A3 had different engines entirely.

I fail to see what the engine has to do with the transmission when it comes to certification of a component, then again I am not sure what the real reason here is, but logically speaking it makes no sense. Unless they have to be "certified" as one unit.

They certified the engine which is ONLY found in the golf R and no other car in the us.

And they didn't certify the transmission which is already found in the A3.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Gun thanks for the post. If the Mk7 Gti is any indication this new R must be superb. I loved my test in the MK7-Gti but I can see NOT getting the Gti if this new R is half as good as it sounds!!!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The MS3 is manual only. Perhaps they (VW) thought that's what people wanted? :iono:

Proof you can't please everyone....

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
MK7 Golf R 300HP

the new GOLF R (MK7) 300HP will debut next month.

http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volksw...h-teases-new-golf-r-ahead-of-frankfurt-debut/

golf7-golfr-960x440.jpg