GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPDE at NCCAR with NASA SE Labor Day Weekend

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys, here's some footage from one of my HPDE sessions at NCCAR this past weekend. The car in front is a friend's e90 330i. At around 9:40, I got the point by from the black S5 in front.
My tires (PSS) started getting greasy later in the session, so I backed off a bit. Overall, the car did well and I'd recommend this track to beginners because it's pretty forgiving.

During a later session, I was following an e90 M3, which was probably the most fun part of the event. Unfortunately my GoPro battery died and I didn't catch the footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QOnoOfJW6Y

Last edited:

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
How'd you enjoy nccar? I considered going as it's a local track, but life got in the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Awesome! The track looks like it has a ton of steady-state cornering.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
How'd you enjoy nccar? I considered going as it's a local track, but life got in the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
NCCAR is a great track, especially running in the counterclockwise direction. The back high speed esses are a blast, and the on-camber hairpin after the straight is awesome. There are a few constant radius sweepers, which take a bit to figure out, but nothing too complex. The track is fairly easy on the brakes (only one heavy braking zone), but can be tough on tires with the long sweepers at speed.

The track is definitely my go to since it's about an hour from me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk