GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1+ vs?

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking to get my tune in the near future. Im curious to know what you guys beat at stage 1tune, with intake and exhaust.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Looking to get my tune in the near future. Im curious to know what you guys beat at stage 1tune, with intake and exhaust.

There are quite a few threads on here, such as the "Cool story bro" thread, which have many stories of what people beat at various power levels. This entire thread though has quite a few different scenarios in it from people and what they've beat, just have to do some searching :)

I have actually had a Prius race me...though I was stage 2. He asked me to race him, he said he wanted to see how he stacked up against a hot hatch...I laughed, obliged, and demolished. Long story short, prii are no match for us :lol:

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
The car is definitly quicker and deciding to go stage 1 was the best decision Ive made BUT you need stage 2 if you want to have legitimate races. Stage 1 still leaves a lot to be desired as far as the top end is concerned. You get a lot of low end torque though and its perfect on curvy roads. I like "racing" the dickheads who drive their shitboxes like theyre in the fast and furious. You already have a tune and exhaust, just go stage 2. Im sure some people have done controlled races but for me, its hard to say what you'll be able to beat. My races are mostly against random people and I usualy dont know what (if any) tune or bolt ons (if any) they have.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Who cares just race shit and find out what you can and can't beat, why does everyone always ask..... DO THE REAL WORLD RESEARCH BROS! lol

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
I will do research when I actually get it lol, im just seeing where ill stand. Only reason i dont want to jump straight to stage 2 is i live in NJ and it won't pass inspection. Awe says their downpipe passes, I have to look into that more.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I will do research when I actually get it lol, im just seeing where ill stand. Only reason i dont want to jump straight to stage 2 is i live in NJ and it won't pass inspection. Awe says their downpipe passes, I have to look into that more.

If you use an O2 spacer I heard you can pass as well, so maybe if you combine the Awe and an O2 spacer you'd be okay? I don't know enough about emissions here to give too much help, we don't have to do emissions for anything newer than 2009 here in WA...

SyDiko

Ready to race!

To put Stage 1 into perspective, the MK6 GTI would be able to walk a Focus ST. The gains give it just enough to pull ahead and stay there. (240WHP/300WTQ on 93 pump gas.)

Last edited:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
my stg2 gets beaten by camrys and minivans on the reg

i did beat an old camaro the other day but it was on blocks at the time.

youll probably be able to pull on corsicas or geo metros or dodge omnis tho. feelsgreatman.jpg

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Stg 1 vs 350z DE motor is a drivers race (really close)
Stg 1 will beat Civic Si, Brz/FRS,
Stg 1 will beat a Focus ST, stock WRX is a close race.