GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

30k Service - $499!!!!

marcins83

Guys,

My car is a 2014 GTI (mk6) and I am approaching 30000 miles.

Do I have to perform the service in VW in order for me to keep my warranty?

I have extended the bumper to bumper warranty on my car when I reached 25000 miles. So I am covered for another few years.

The guy in VW told me that the 30k service is $499!!! Crazy!

When I checked the USA Warranty and Maintenance book, it is mainly an oil change only... The price is so high because of the extra checks they perform, which is not necessary, I can as well do this on my own.

Please let me know if any of you had the same dilemma...

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Vw is a complete rip off for service. Basic service such as tune ups and such can be done in your drive way for much cheaper. The only thing I use them for is the dsg fluid change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Is your car a DSG and is that 30k mile service covering the DSG fluid change?

The 40k mile service on my R is due tomorrow and they quoted me 215 dollars...

Something is fishy with that price.

Philimon

Ready to race!
VW dealers charge a lot in general. Im guessing they're probably extra ballsy with your estimated fees because they know you are worried about losing your warranty. I am kinda glad my warranty is up because now I have no qualms about using other mechanics.

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
I would def call them out on that. 40k is considered the first "major" service interval, especially if your DSG. 20k interval includes a few more things than 10k/30k intervals, but is still pretty minor.

10k and 30k intervals are basically nothing but an oil/filter change, tire rotation, and basic visual "check" on fluid levels/brakes/etc.

There is absolutely nothing that should cost anywhere even close to that. I would def call them out on that, and then just do it yourself.

If your worried about warranty, just keep your receipt that shows you used approved spec oil, so you can show them down the line if something comes up, and you have nothing to worry about.

Fuck them, their trying to rip you off.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
just keep records and documentation on what you do when. i keep a logbook for everything on my car - when i change the oil, wash it, fill it with gas, put parts on/take them off, etc. i also keep all records for everything in a folder. it helps

FF_animal

Ready to race!
^^^ what riceburner said. I keep a log for everything service and parts for my cars. Really comes in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
my 50k service which is the exact same service as the 30k service cost me $116 dollars from my local dealer. Ask what is being performed for the 500

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I thought 30K service was included as part of the service package?