GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #71
COBB Tuning
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: 2012 GTI, 2015 GTI, 2016 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
Wait... can you dumb this down a little bit more for me? If I understand and read into this correctly, the protune that we currently have will need to be redone by our tuner and then emailed back to us to reload into our Accessport? Did I get that right? Thanks in advance!
Close! The Protuner wouldn't need to completely redo the tune but would need to open and re-save the file in an updated version of Accesstuner in order to "activate" the new features. With that said, some features may indeed require more than a simple activation and need custom calibration work.

Marshall@COBB
COBB Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:12 PM   #72
mark555055g
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI 6MT 2DR
Look forward to hearing about updates. Will be picking one of these up very soon.
mark555055g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #73
Marty
Ready to race!

Drives: 2011 white golf gti
Hey im getting a Accessport next month here, really excited about it. Adding some more power is always fun. I have a DSG and was wondering if DSG tunes will be coming out in the future?
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #74
Sinner
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 TR GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
Hey im getting a Accessport next month here, really excited about it. Adding some more power is always fun. I have a DSG and was wondering if DSG tunes will be coming out in the future?
I'm would like to know this as well.

I would also like to know if they will be throwing in a feature that removes the DSG rev limiter.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:10 AM   #75
Joveen
Oval Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Getting my AP Wednesday

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2017, 04:06 AM   #76
trillmanati6
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: mkvi gti 2010
Bought the access port on Monday and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Although I've heard the shelf tune's are not the most aggressive Cobb's definitely livens up the car from stock. What protuners should I look into for custom stage 2 files? Also is there any update on the release of launch control for the 6mt owners
trillmanati6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:27 AM   #77
lilonespaz
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by trillmanati6 View Post
Bought the access port on Monday and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Although I've heard the shelf tune's are not the most aggressive Cobb's definitely livens up the car from stock. What protuners should I look into for custom stage 2 files? Also is there any update on the release of launch control for the 6mt owners
Stratified tuning, JST tuning, there are 100s if not thousands of cobb tuners around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:13 AM   #78
Fantom1107
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: Carbon Steel 2011 GTI
I posted this in the Cobb vs Uni Stage 2 thread and didn't get a response.

I installed a USP downpipe over the weekend and switched over to the Stage 2 Stock MAF 93 map. I am using the stock airbox right now. There is pretty significant increase over the Stage 1 high boost, overall pretty happy. I'm currently slipping 1st-3rd due to snow tires, but I'm noticing lower boost levels during acceleration and then a boost surge when I let off throttle.

Is the lower target boost pressure due to the TCS kicking in? I don't think I was slipping much in the datalog14 file and this was in 3rd. On the stage 1 map I was getting maybe 1psi of surge after letting off throttle, now I have 5.5psi. Is this surge normal or sign of bad DV? My LTFT is also between .98 and 1.07 depending on much I get on it. This is probably due to using the stock airbox. I plan to etune in a couple months, but is there any harm in these values right now?

Here is the datalog:
http://datazap.me/u/import11/stage-2...0&data=3-16-19
Fantom1107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessport, accesstuner, cobb, cobb tuning, tune